Date Posted: 9/15/2020 3:13:43 PM
Location: Monroe, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Technician position.
Position Details: Panel Shop Manager
Location: Monroe, NC
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, short term and long term disability, 401k plan with 10% company match, wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, referral bonus, $50 cell phone reimbursement, free parking/commuter programs, FSA, and HAS programs, five sick days, 15 PTO days, nine company paid holidays.
• Liaise with customers to perform design reviews on incoming orders and to solve issues that may arise as a job is being worked on.
• Manage panel shop scheduling.
• Manage panel builders employed in the panel shop.
• Manage panel shop productivity.
• Monitor budget and utilize operational resources, participate in safety program development.
• Manage the selection, training, and development of panel shop staff.
• Overall responsibility for maintaining a safe working environment, ensuring reports are safety trained, safety/regulatory documentation is maintained as required, leadership role on safety committee.
• Continually monitor effectiveness of panel shop related processes and procedures. It is expected that the Panel Shop Manager will continually search for improvements to safety, productivity, collaboration, measurement, and management of Key Performance Indicators.
• Monitor and approve weekly time sheets, overtime, Personal Time Off (PTO), etc. for all reports.
• Monitor shop efficiency and determine if/when tools, jigs, etc. that can improve safety and/or productivity are required.
• Manage shop related equipment maintenance to ensure safe operation of all production equipment.
• Manage shop consumables, tool, equipment maintenance budgets.
• Manage inventory related processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement.
• Ensure shipping and receiving tasks are being completed according to established processes and procedures.
• Liaise with all other work groups (sales, engineering, purchasing, accounting) as required to ensure processes and reporting are conducted according to expectations. Effective communication and collaboration with other work groups is a key factor in achieving success in this position.
• Electrical Engineering degree, Associate degree, or equivalent level of experience working in a similar type of work environment
• Must have the ability to work with others and be truly collaborative with difficult customers
• Experience working as a panel builder or panel shop manager is strongly preferred
• Experience dealing with varied and challenging customer situations while maintaining close relationships.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
• Must have the knowledge and experience required to perform detailed reviews of incoming jobs to find any issues with drawings or BOMs and to properly assign and schedule resources.
• Must be a fluent user of Microsoft Office applications and capable of learning new software-based applications and systems.
• Critical and analytical thinking skills are an asset.