Date Posted: 10/26/2021 10:42:15 AM
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $23 - $27
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Electrical Technician positions with an international service corporation focusing on consulting, testing, certification, and training.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI (20 min W of greater Detroit area)
Compensation: $23-$27/hr base salary + 6% company annual bonus = 1st year W-2 ~$60K-$70K
Shift: M – F / X1 opening on day shift 730am – 330pm & X1 opening on afternoon shift 230pm -11pm / weekends are optional for OT
Benefits: Our client offers a complete benefits package, including comprehensive healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision), insurance, 401k, stock, profit sharing, vacation pay, relocation assistance, and much, much more.
As an Electrical Technician, you will provide technician expertise for testing and ensure product compliance with requirements. You will perform immunity and emission testing per requirements detailed in international automotive standards and test procedures. You will also assist Engineers with engineering support for compliance and approval of client’s products, write technical reports, and be in constant communication both orally and in writing with Review Technical/Industry/Engineering Standards
• Setup Test Equipment and DUT to Perform Prescribed Standard
• Program and Run Electro-Dynamic Shakers
• Program and Run Environmental Test Chambers
• Setup and Run Mechanical Cycling Equipment
• Program and Run Product Cycle Equipment
• Program and Run Thermal Cycle Equipment
• Perform General Observations of Device Under Test (DUT)
• Document Equipment Performance during Testing
• Prepare Technical Reports
• Wire instrumentation for DUT monitoring
• Pressure Transducer, Thermocouple, Flow Meters, Current Shunts, etc.
• Hook-up Power Supplies to High Voltage Sources (240/480VAC)
• Use Electronic Loads to Cycle DUTs
• Measure Voltage, Current, and Resistance
• Use basic hand tools
• Screwdrivers, Wrenches, Hammers, Power Drill
• Drill Press Operation
• Saw Operation
• The ideal qualified candidates will be former military technicians with solid electronic maintenance experience.
• Experience troubleshooting electric problems is required along with solid mechanical aptitude.
• Demonstrated technical training experience in electricity, electronics, or equipment maintenance.
• Be capable of logic and sequential development and troubleshooting, including proficiency in reading mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills, effective communication, and excellent customer service skills.
• Motivated self-starter who is team-oriented, comfortable working with people in a dynamic troubleshooting and problem-solving environment, and commitment to quality.