Date Posted: 7/21/2021 11:21:25 AM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
For more than 110 years, our client has been improving the health and safety of our global community providing customer driven hydration, safety, and tempering solutions. With more than 8,000 distribution locations and 250 employees worldwide, they continually focus on quality, service, reliability and complete solution support.
Position: Onsite Compliance Technician
Location: Houston, TX
• Provides on-site services and technical support to customers at the customers facility. Services include weekly and annual ANSI Z358.1 inspections, maintenance and warranty repair.
• Install and/or oversee installation of equipment according to plan specifications.
• Test equipment to ensure equipment is functioning properly and efficiently.
• Demonstrated ability to operate, trouble shoot, and repair emergency shower and eye wash products.
• Conduct onsite training to instruct customers on equipment operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Schedule and perform preventative and routine maintenance on equipment as needed.
• Identify and resolve equipment issues and complete necessary repairs.
• Obtain assistance from Engineers and/or HI Engineering Manager if unable to resolve issues.
• Provide inspection reports to customers on services performed.
• Understand OSHA safety practices and able to work safely.
• Ability to perform ANSI Z358.1 annual inspections.
• Develop working relationships with customers to promote future sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
AS degree or completion of trade school or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred but not required. Prior experience with industry standards including ANSI and OSHA.
Strong work ethic; self-motivated; punctual and dependable; ability to work independently; must be detail oriented; and have good manual dexterity. Strong customer service orientation.
Ability to communicate and interface effectively across organizational levels. Ability to build positive relationships, bond with clients, and respond to questions from customers and engineers. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical manuals and procedures. Ability to produce concise and well-structured written communication appropriate for technical and business audiences.