Date Posted: 7/29/2020 2:04:13 PM
Location: Malta, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $58,000 - $72,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Engineer position.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location: Malta, NY Salary: $58,000 to 72,000 + OT
Our client is seeking an ambitious Field Service Engineer eager to learn their technology and drive customer satisfaction through support. The successful candidate will be responsible for installation, calibration, preventative maintenance, metrology equipment repairs and general upkeep of Laser Spike Annealing (LSA) semiconductor equipment
Travel Requirements: There will be travel in the first year of 60%+ for training (France). After that, travel will be minimal.
Shift Work: Monday through Friday – Day shift
Description of Duties:
• Perform activities during installation, upgrade, testing, warranty and repair of equipment, at a key Customer site, following up all customer’s and company’s protocols related to safety and security.
• Isolate and resolve complex equipment and systems malfunctions and take corrective action.
• Provide training, mentoring, and guidance to engineers onsite.
• Represent Company in dealings with customer to achieve high customer satisfaction with equipment and prepare reports to the customer in operational status project meetings and daily activities.
• Create and present reports, project plans and other documentation as required.
• Participate and implement new processes, methods and designs.
• Provide analysis of data and drive process and product improvements driven by the business unit.
• Act as a Trusted Advisor to customer to optimize their systems and operations.
• Be a single point of contact for onsite activities, communications, support in all matters related to the equipment, technical, and field aspects for the targeted site.
• Associate degree in Engineering or related technical area and at least 2 years of experience in a technical service, field service, or customer support position is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Must have experience using test equipment, reading schematics and tracing signals
• Knowledge of annealing or similar semiconductor process equipment preferred
• Must possess a positive attitude and excellent communication skills with the ability to speak with clarity and interface effectively with customer, management, and peers
• Knowledge of machine vision systems, electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, robotics, and computer programming
• System integration, test, and debug skills
• Experience with Semiconductor industry safety requirements and clean room environment
• Displays broad-based customer focus and commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based on the priority of the problem in relation to business needs
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure to meet support deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
• Must be flexible for emergency call-in work
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel 60-90% (first year), occasionally on short notice; requires domestic/international travel for installation and support