Date Posted: 9/21/2022 2:55:44 PM
Location: Nashville, TN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $100,000
Position Description: Associate Director, Project Management
Company is seeking to fill an immediate need for an Associate Director of Project Managers. The Associate Director is a ‘Player-Coach’ role that will both manage a team of 3-5 Project Managers and serve as a PM for large scale production events.
Background on the role of PMs you will be both managing and executing the duties of – A Project Manager is responsible for managing project scope for mid-large scale events. This position will monitor progress and performance against the project plan; identifying, resolving, escalating operational problems, and minimizing delays. This position is responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects from event design and development through closing. The Project Manager will ensure successful and profitable execution of events by following Technical and Production Standards and supporting the implementation of processes and SOP’s that drive consistency in event production. This position will partner with Project Management, Sales, and Operations teams in determining event technical requirements and communicating event execution plan with all parties.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Support and execute all company initiatives. Communicate goals and objectives to team members clearly and frequently.
• Assist Director of Project Management (DPM) with performance management, development and succession planning of Project Management talent where appropriate.
• Assist DPM and Regional Leadership in forecasting and demand as needed.
• Assist in the development and implementation of Project Management best practices and SOPs
• Consult with the DPM to identify and successfully deploy new technology, local training and resources.
• Ensure compliance with established Technical Standards and Production Standards.
• Ensure compliance with company Policies and Procedures to minimize company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft, and misappropriation.
• Drive Results by implementing financial management initiatives including: goal setting, budgeting, and cost management.
• Lead by example in portraying a polished, professional image in accordance with the standards set forth in the company team member guidebook
Event Project Management
• Prepare and communicate technical production & labor schedules, sub-rental requirements, project scope, execution plan and individual responsibilities to lead crewmembers, vendors and venue.
• Maintain focus on client needs by attending required meetings, creating and maintaining organized show documentation and responding to concerns and questions.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and provide outstanding customer service
• Act as the lead onsite contact for the customer throughout the event when required.
• Manage all phases of event technical execution from load-in through run of show to load-out.
• Assume ownership of inventory management throughout the event.
• Manage onsite changes, including schedule, equipment or workforce modifications.
• Manage event costs to align with ECT Forecast and ensure all onsite changes are communicated to event owner for billing purposes.
• Provide feedback to event owner to develop and deliver post show financial analytics.
• Ensure all Company Production and Technical Standards are enforced, including room set standards and appearance guidelines.
• Assist sales teams with technical consultation as necessary.
• Provide consultation in ECT development, partnering with regional leadership to mitigate external workforce and sub-rental spend.
• Assist in the assignment and scheduling of team members ensuring that the appropriate talent is leveraged against the required task.
• Facilitate team members' efficient utilization and deployment of resources by prioritizing internal equipment and minimizing sub-rental costs.
• Increase operational effectiveness by ensuring team members are demonstrating Company's Purpose mission and core values.
• Monitor and improve the team’s efficiency and productivity using standards and KPI’s.
• Ensure assignments provide team members with opportunities for growth and development
• Maintain clear expectations regarding responsibilities, behaviors, and daily activities.
• Facilitate training and development opportunities for team members and ensure a safe work environment consistent with company values.
• Provide continuous feedback to direct reports and conduct annual reviews.
• Partner with DPM, and HR business partners to manage human resources activity including selection, performance management, salary administration, training and development and strategic human resources planning.
• BA/BS Degree
• 6+ years of project management experience preferred (including military experience).
• 3+ years crew management experience; 4+ years of supervisory or leadership experience required.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Strong client relationship skills, excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills.
• Experience successfully managing demanding corporate initiatives.
• Strong financial acumen
• Works well under pressure and ability to multitask
• Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Attention to Communication
• Detail Oriented
• Exceeds Customer Expectations
• Concern for Quality
• Decision Making
• Production Efficiency
• Project Management
• Problem Solving
• Staff Development
Vaccine not required
Compensation & Benefits:
• Pay Range: $100K + 15% annual incentive
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Hybrid Role
• Salaried position
• 401K (6% match), Medical, Life, Dental, Vision
Work is performed in a hotel/event venue environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple locations. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Company based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Work is performed in an office environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by company based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.