Date Posted: 6/29/2020 1:45:15 PM
Location: Charleston, SC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $20 - $23
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for an Environmental Monitoring Technician position.
Position Details: Environmental Monitoring Technician
Location: Charleston, SC
Salary: $20-23/hr with $1.75 for 2nd shift & $2.25 for 3rd shift differential
Shift: 2nd shift (3 PM – 11:30 PM) or 3rd Shift (11 PM – 7:30 AM) or 12-hour weekend shifts (day or night)
• Friday-Sunday / Saturday-Monday shifts (work 36hrs, paid for 40hrs), as well as Monday-Friday 8-hour shifts – ideal candidates will be open to working any shift
Benefits: Very competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Strong 401K match and profit sharing. Relocation assistance on a case-by-case basis.
The Environmental Monitoring Technician is accountable for results in a fast-paced environment and monitors the manufacturing of drug products (parenteral or solid dosage) for commercial distribution and clinical trials. This role employs acceptable techniques while working in manufacturing environments, including PPE gowning. The Environmental Monitoring Technician works collaboratively to support other manufacturing areas as required. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the company's core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies for the role.
• Take samples and ensure that there are no growth / contaminations / etc. in the samples
• Replace and test to make sure there is nothing on the labs
• Take water samples & steam samples
• Monitor the manufacturing process to ensure processes are being done to Aseptic standards
• They are the “right hand” of the manufacturing team; they inspect and monitor processes and keep the workplace safe
• Manufacturing Environmental Monitoring Tech
• Associate’s or Bachelors degree in biology/micro-biology or related field
• HAZMAT training in military is a plus (for military candidates)
• cGMP or prior work experience in a regulated environment preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
• Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills required.
• Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability required.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed written instructions required.
• Ability to move materials throughout the facility using appropriate methods and equipment required.
• Proficiency in basic computing skills required.