Date Posted: 10/11/2021 1:37:33 PM
Location: Westland, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Service Manager positions with a global leader in the service industry.
Location: Westland MI
Compensation: $65K-$80K base salary + incentivized bonus plan ($16K-$24K in bonus $ is available annually) (Projected 1st year total compensation $80K-$90K + vehicle plan/vehicle insurance, gas, cell phone plan, company credit card, and more!)
Shift: This is a day shift role (Monday and Friday you will work remote – Tuesday through Thursday you will visit customers)
Supervisory Responsibilities: You will directly supervise a small team of 10 Field Service Technicians
Benefits: Competitive salary, full medical plan, dental, vision, 401k, educational assistance, paid vacation. Also, a successful Territory Manager will have the opportunity to move into many other leadership roles within the company’s umbrella of divisions.
Career Progression: Our client offers a ton of growth opportunities within the organization. You are the bench for General Manager positions in Cincinnati / Chicago. If you are open to relocation, more opportunities will come!
As a Service Manager, you will work directly with the customer facing service team both on route and in-house. Responsibilities include supervising the service team who provides customer service, sales and the pick-up and delivery of products to our customers; hiring, training, developing, and evaluating the service team to ensure customers receive the highest level of customer service and product quality in the most efficient manner; driving a company-owned vehicle to and from customer sites and assisting the service team with lifting, carrying, and walking in and out of customer accounts. This position will oversee several key service department areas including maintaining excellent customer relationships, handling renewals of customer contracts, increasing internal sales, maintaining an efficient route structure and driver compliance. This is a middle-management position with direct supervisory and leadership accountability. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the office and subordinate employee's contracts and responsibilities.
• Manage the Service Dispatches and Jobs to completion.
• Manage the Company procedures through our company database.
• Manage stock and inventories.
• You must be a top performer with PROVEN results.
• The ideal fit is a former military officer that served one or two terms (<10yrs).
• Must have an exceptional presence, a strong personality, and you must be likeable and outgoing.
• Ability to work autonomously or on a team in a dynamic, multi-task environment is a must.
• Excellent customer service skills are required.
• Must be a great leader, coach, and task master to perform well in this position.
• Oral Communication - Effectively express oneself, and present ideas, in individual and group situations.
• Written Communication - Clearly express ideas in writing and in good form.
• Listening - Receive and use information from oral communication.
• Tenacity - Stay with a sales plan until the objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
• Persuasiveness - Gain agreement and acceptance of ideas, plans, activities, and recommendations.
• Impact - Create a good first impression, command attention and respect, and show an air of confidence.
• Resilience - Handle disappointment and rejection while staying effective.
• Mobility - Travel by automobile throughout area to make sales calls.
• Managerial Skills - Possess managerial skills in order to hire, fire, and totally manage the daily sales activity.