Date Posted: 3/17/2023 5:57:00 PM
Location: Plymouth, IN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $85,000
• Title: Body Shop Manager
• Location: Plymouth, IN
• Travel/Schedule: This is generally a traditional Mon-Fri operations schedule
• Compensation: Target base salary ~$70K - $85K
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: Annual performance bonus up to 20%
Benefits: In addition to offering a competitive base salary, company offers a very good health/dental/vision plan, prescription drug plan, life insurance, sick-days/vacation, and an industry-standard 401K plan.
• Stable industry – no jobs being exported in this field!
• This Company has delivered consistent growth over the last fifteen years
• Projected 50% growth (primarily through acquisition) in next two years
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth - leaders needed to continue successful track record
• Tremendous responsibility – be an impact player from day one
• Enjoy a culture of great autonomy and accountability
• Work with other like-minded individuals
• Ten JMO/NCO hires over last 5 years.
• President and CEO (USMA grad) specifically wants a military person in this role
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Vaccine Requirement: None
Position Description: In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing operations for a Body Shop with five Technicians and estimators. You will be expected to be an aggressive leader who not only achieves long-term customer satisfaction, profit, and growth objectives in a manner consistent with the company's values and strategic plan, but also grow the department and revenue to maximum levels of profitability. Some specific expectations include:
• Team Development & Management: Hiring, training, and retaining only A-players in each role.
• Financial Results Management: Achieve financial results consistent with the annual budget.
• Business Development and Management - establishes relationships with prospects and customers to grow sales.
• Products and Service Development: Identify and develop new products and services to meet the customers’ needs.
• Planning: Develop plans, set goals, and track / monitor progress.
• Quality Assurance: Ensure a “Quality Mindset” permeates the organization.
• Company Culture Management: Set the tone and pace for the organization
A BS/BA is preferred, but not required (although further career advancement likely will be limited without a degree). Experience in Vehicle Maintenance Operations is strongly preferred, but realistically Supervisory / Management experience in any Maintenance environment can suffice. You must be prepared to demonstrate in some capacity the following competencies: Change Management (fundamental Six Sigma / Process Improvement knowledge is strongly desired, as you will be expected to drive continuous improvement operations); exceptional professional judgment (a willingness to make and justify decisions); People Development; Problem Solving (creative and resourceful); Business Savvy; and Strategic Management / Visionary Leadership (confidence in self and others).