Date Posted: 6/16/2021 2:49:23 PM
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 5
Our client works in close partnership with customers to offer the most effective solutions towards energy independence. Their core business is the development, manufacturing, sale and maintenance of wind power plants – with competencies that cover every aspect of the value chain from site studies to service and maintenance. As one of the world leaders in wind power solutions with wind turbine installations in over 65 countries and more than 16,000 employees globally, our client looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employees' skills and talents. Their goal is to reduce CO2 emissions dramatically and ensure a sustainable world for future generations.
Position: Turbine Technician
Location: Portland, OR
Salary: $25+ per hour depending on experience and qualifications
The Service Technician role is to maintain and troubleshoot complex hydraulic and electrical controls circuits to maintain a wind turbine. The customer relies on our safe work practices, technical acumen, teamwork, leadership and fiscal stewardship to maintain the turbines in their best condition to generate power at the lowest overall cost. With minimal supervision from higher level technical and/or management staff, the Technician utilizes skills and training to perform maintenance, repair and/or installation work on assigned wind turbines at an intermediate level. The Technician will follow defined schedules and procedures including safety protocol, turbine service and/or installation processes, and other verbal and written instruction and may make initial diagnosis of more basic or routine turbine issues.
• Acts as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management.
• Demonstrates and promotes integrity, strong initiative, as well as a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
• May assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff.
• Performs intermediate level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into company system, such as SAP.
• Effectively gathers information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution.
• Follows basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge).
• Independently initiates and performs most work tasks as well as follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff.
• Effectively promotes strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and cooperation and supports change initiatives.
• Interfaces with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times.
• This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical skills and/or composite skills
• Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g., fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge).
• Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g., Confined Space, energy isolation).
• Ability to complete detailed component inspections and report on findings
• Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Passport.
• Strong attention to detail and execution excellence.
• Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
• Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives.
• Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet-based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data.
• Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated.