Date Posted: 5/24/2023 12:47:51 PM
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $85,000 - $110,000
• Title: Specialist, Metrology Technical Systems
• Location: Baltimore, MD
• Shift: First Shift – 8am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
• Travel: None
• Compensation: 85K to 110K – depending on experience
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: 7% to 10% bonus
• Benefits: Health and Wellness Plans, 401K with a company match, paid PTO and paid volunteer hours
• Vaccine Requirement: Yes
• Coordinates and schedules calibration activities using the SAP Enterprise System.
• Maintains detailed records of calibration activities.
• Performs calibration and repairs of instrumentation necessary for maintaining production equipment, laboratory equipment and other auxiliary measurement systems.
• Directs calibration activities of outside calibration vendors.
• Analyze inspection, measuring, and testing equipment to determine the calibration requirements. Determine the functions to be verified and their specifications, the methods to be used and the measurement standards required.
• Prepare and test new calibration procedures.
• Analyze requirements for measurements standards and make recommendations.
• Performs engineering and statistical analyses of the equipment and historical data to determine appropriate calibration intervals to meet reliability goals.
• Uses the SAP system to create purchase orders for metrology-related expenses and to track invoices to ensure timely payment of vendors.
• Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as needed.
• Assists in programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline or High School diploma with 5-10 years’ experience.
• Basic knowledge of calibration, electronics and instrumentation systems required.