Date Posted: 11/23/2021 9:37:47 AM
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $29 - $31
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Electrician positions with a multinational company which specializes in the production and processing of industrial minerals.
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Salary: $28.50-$31/hr with overtime potential
Shift: First Shift Monday to Friday. Every 5-6 weeks you will have weekend “on-call” duty on that weekend. This comes with $100 bonus for that week and time and a half for any call outs.
Benefits: Our client provides a generous compensation and benefits package including 401(k)-company match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Holidays, and PTO.
As an Electrician, your responsibilities will include:
• Oversee maintenance, testing and installation.
• Perform equipment inspections, maintenance tasks and assigned project work.
• Troubleshoot equipment, controls and wiring to detect malfunctions and discuss machine operations with production and maintenance personnel to diagnose problems.
• Dismantle defective equipment repairs or install parts to bring the equipment back into service.
• Install, maintain, and test LV/MV electrical equipment to include:
o AC/DC Motors and Motor Controls (Across the line, Soft Start, VFD)
o Switchgear, Transformers, Load Break Switch Distribution Equipment
o Fuses, Power Circuit Breakers, Load Centers, and Breaker Panels
o Wiring, Terminations, and Grounding Systems
• Install, maintain, and test control and instrumentation equipment to include:
o Plant PLC Hardware (analog & digital I/O, wiring, power supplies)
o Controllers, Relays, HMI Panels, Communication Modules & related wiring
o Instrumentation & Sensors (Pressure, Temp, Level, Gas analysis, Weight, Flow)
o Control Valves, Actuators and Limit Switches
• Read electrical diagrams and manuals required to install and troubleshoot equipment.
• Set up and operate shop and portable tools to accomplish tasks.
• Install, test, and maintain motors and gearboxes, as well as perform laser coupling alignments.
• Use range of electrical test instruments including Megger, DLRO, Tic Tracer, DVOM, Clamp Amps, 4-20Ma Signal Generators, Sensor Calibrators, etc.
• Support the effort to maximize equipment availability to Production Department.
• Perform work following NFPA70E Electrical Procedures and Plant Safety Standards.
• Instrumentation (Thermocouple, RTD, Pressure, Level, Flow, Weight, and Gas).
• Electrical Control wiring, devices, and schematics.
• Plant PLC Hardware: Front-line maintenance and diagnostics.
• Perform Basic PLC Program Reading and Diagnostics (Siemens S7/PCS7, Modicon).
• Oversee maintenance and testing of Low/Medium Voltage:
o Metal-Clad Switchgear, Air/Vacuum Breakers, Transformers, Panels and Wiring
o Electric Motor maintenance and testing (windings, rotor, bearings, etc.)
• Utilize Volt/Amp meters, Megohm meters, Signal Generators, and various test instruments.
• Utilize Electrical Drawings and Manuals during equipment maintenance and diagnostics.
• Journeyman Electrician License or equivalent Electrical Controls/Automation Certification.
• Minimum Five years of industrial electrical and controls maintenance experience.
• Proficiency with instrumentation and programmable logic controller work.
• Experience with low/medium voltage distribution equipment.
• Working knowledge of industrial NEC Codes and relevant Electrical Safety Procedures.
• Intermediate Computer Skills, Including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, electrical schematics, and equipment manuals.
• Experience with utilizing a work order system within a CMMS.
• Experience with Electrical Reliability preferred.
• Mechanical skills preferred.
• Experience using mobile equipment (Forklift, Lull, Man lift, Scissor lift).
• Experience troubleshooting, proposing solutions.