Date Posted: 11/16/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: Wenatchee, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $90,000 - $125,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Equipment Engineer positions with a producer of lab grown diamonds.
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Compensation: $90,000 - $125,000
Shift: As required; facility runs 24 hours a day
Benefits: Excellent benefits package including 401(k) matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Generous PTO, Sick Leave, employee discounts, and relocation expenses covered. Free catered lunches are delivered daily!
As an Equipment Engineer, you will engage in a multifaceted spectrum of engineering disciplines, collaborating with seasoned professionals in mechanical, electrical, and materials engineering and scientists. The primary responsibilities include ensuring the optimal functioning of equipment and spearheading improvement projects from conceptualization through to the development of thoroughly tested, documented, and implemented solutions. Responsibilities will include:
• Enhance existing equipment designs by identifying improvement areas and executing upgrades to enhance tool reliability, reduce variation, and expand process capabilities.
• Construct, install, upgrade, and troubleshoot plasma reactors.
• Troubleshoot industrial control/electrical systems, including power supplies, controllers, sensors, PLCs, Fieldbus communication, and other devices.
• Bachelor's degree from an ABET-accredited school in ME, EE, ChemE, or a similar field.
• Independent problem solver.
• Hands-on experience designing, testing, deploying, and troubleshooting equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated safety leadership.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to perform diverse physical activities, including sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, climbing, and using fine finger manipulation.
• Tasks may involve ladders, stairs, driving, foot controls, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
• Ability to use and modify scripts written in SQL and Python.
• Familiarity with typical electrical lab equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, power meters, frequency analyzers).
• Knowledge of UHV vacuum manufacturing equipment and associated sensors and components (pumps, valves, pressure sensors, spectrometers, MFCs, pressure controllers, pyrometers, etc.).