Date Posted: 7/21/2021 3:19:51 PM
Location: Eaton, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $75,000 - $85,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Planner positions with a company that manufactures delivery systems, specialized catheters, introducers, stents, other laser cut devices, and wire formed components.
Location: Eaton, NJ
Salary: $75K to $85K
Shift: 6am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday
As a Planner, you will manage the purchase and delivery of items per forecasts, production plans, and new product launches. You will work independently with minimum supervision and may train and assign work to entry-level planning and support staff. You will edit, create, and explain policies and regulations to others; write reports, policies, work instructions, and correspondence using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation; create and maintain records information for future needs, to include work instructions, procedures, training manuals, supplier meeting notes; etc.; coordinate, prepare, and conduct group and/or supplier meetings, to include booking schedules, preparing documentation packets and agendas, recording and disseminating notes, and maintaining goals of meeting. Additional responsibilities will include:
• ERP- review and analyze ERP reports to ensure adequate materials are available to support the Production Schedule and Sales forecast while meeting strategic inventory objectives.
• Suppliers - Research, establish, and maintain good working relationships with suppliers. Monitor suppliers’ performance and phase out poor performing suppliers based on established criteria. Foster existing relationships and drive coordinated efforts across Biomet where appropriate to leverage spending.
• Accounting: Work closely with accounting to ensure returns and replacements or credits are accurately processed, and Invoices are reconciled.
• Procurement of new product releases based on product launch data (IPR, Strategic Plan, etc.), in a collaborative effort with product development, production, and outside suppliers.
• Inventory Control: Manage inventory by controlling purchases and production orders; Coordinate with in-house departments ensuring appropriate workflows through shop at correct time, and not based on convenience; Establish and maintain VMI with suppliers, to include providing metrics on performance.
• Develop buying plans that ensure strategic development of suppliers’ resources and capacity.
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit quotes proposals, and review requisitions.
• Train or assist newer buyer/planners, without direction, to ensure team accomplishes goals.
• As complex supplier-related issues arise, you will quickly identify sense of urgency and effectively communicate appropriate data to management, demand planners, and customer service.
• Work on complex and specialized assignments such as large projects with significant business impacts and/or mitigation measures as required.
• Support Quality and Regulatory groups to ensure compliance with GMO, ISO, and FDA requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) plus 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Logistics or Supply military background.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
• Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Design’s workflows and procedures.
• Design: Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities. Be able to present information effectively to large groups of people from all skill levels, to include executive management.
• Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Interpersonal: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.