Date Posted: 10/19/2022 1:16:19 PM
Location: Yonkers, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $70,000
Human Resources Generalist
Location: Yonkers NY
Role: The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Recruiter Job Responsibilities:
Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
• Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
• Conducting employee onboarding and help plan training & development.
• Assisting in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
• Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Assist the marketing department with employee recognition efforts.
• Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on data
• Assist in the performance review process.
• Assist with HR reporting and compliance.
• Assist with organizing, scanning and filing employee files and other relevant documents.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; and emphasizing benefits and perks.
• Avoids legal challenges by understanding current multistate legislation, enforcing regulations with managers, recommending new procedures, and conducting training.
• Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
• Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems
• PHR, SHRM-CP certification preferred
• Experience with ADP required
• Experience with Google Suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.