Date Posted: 6/30/2020 11:32:00 AM
Location: Poland, ME
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $115,000 - $140,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Plant Manager positions with a blow molding manufacturing company.
As a Plant Manager, you will lead and manage the overall plant operations ensuring the achievement of plant targets for safety, quality, service, and cost through strong leadership to the plant team and managing the systems, equipment, people, and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, the Plant Manager is the senior leader of a 24/7 plant manufacturing with a half-dozen production, maintenance, quality, and operations direct reports and blow molders producing water bottles and other customized food/beverage packaging solutions for customers. Responsibilities will include:
• Lead and drive plant safety culture with safety first responsibilities.
• Ensure optimal execution of operations and production according to regional/corporate objectives for customer needs.
• Lead production improvement in creating, reviewing and monitoring KPIs for safety, quality, waste, and productivity.
• Oversee all aspects of human capital (HC) planning and management for the facility, including HC goal setting, improvement targets for KPIs, salary planning, and performance management.
• Ensure effective, timely, and well-developed communications for all product associates.
• Manage process control initiatives by ensuring manufacturing SOP's exist and meet quality, safety, and process control.
• Lead and ensure high-performing culture by providing resources, participating in teams, and leading teams as necessary.
• Ensure facility compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
• Drive employee engagement action planning and lead communication to all plant associates for business needs/results.
• Lead plant budgeting process and deliver on established budget.
• Meet and exceed plant business plan and KPIs with strong HC planning, development, and management for the plant.
• Lead with best practices leadership for effective, cost-efficient planning and use of manpower, materials, and machines.
Location: Poland, ME
Salary: $115K-$140K base salary + 10% bonus + basic relocation available. Total Annual Pay ~$125K-$150K+
Benefits: Our client thrives on providing quality products and services and having employees who are proud to be a part of the team. One of its core employment pillars is providing a work environment that allows employees to flourish and grow. The company’s competitive benefits packages include; vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, and 401k programs.
• Bachelor’s degree with 7-10+ years of relevant experience in a production environment with 5+ years of leadership experience in the packaging industry, ideally with blow-molding experience.
• High-performer and achiever who is results oriented and delivers on plans, exhibits strong team leadership with excellent organizational capability, has a strategic orientation and with enterprise-wide considerations.
• Be an excellent collaborator and influencer, with outstanding change leadership and drive for continuous improvement.
• Outstanding facility business acumen and market knowledge for successful leadership and performance.
• Possess and demonstrate strong core values, strong customer service, strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing/production principles, and ability to interpret financial results.
• History of success to include leadership and management performance, schooling, promotion paths, and ability to excel above peers and top candidates for this role.
• Able to start work within 2-3 weeks of an offer with a target start date in the month of July or August.