Date Posted: 11/18/2022 12:21:31 PM
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $90,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Yard Manager positions with one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing, and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector.
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
As a Yard Manager, you will report to the Operations Manager and assist the Branch Manager. You will be responsible for the overall management of the yard ensuring an extremely efficient, safe, organized yard operation. Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain an organized and logical yard operation.
• Plan daily/weekly manpower needs based upon business demands and closely monitors overtime hours and dollars.
• Assign tasks ensuring efficient allocation of labor maximizing productivity.
• Oversee facility equipment: ensure equipment is safe, operational, and regularly serviced.
• Motivate trains and develop a productive cohesive team.
• Continually train employees in the ergonomic and safe use and maintenance of tools and equipment. Empower employees to take ownership in the use, maintenance, and safety of all tools and equipment.
• Ensure employees are provided with and consistently use approved safety equipment.
• Maintain the upkeep and maintenance of capital investments (i.e. building property, equipment, etc.).
• Conduct weekly safety meetings and consistently executes all safety policies. Direct supervisors and foremen ensuring safe working practices are strictly adhered to while maintaining a safe working environment.
• Conduct monthly safety/yard inspections, document findings/observations, and distribute them to the appropriate management personnel.
• Oversee inventory quality and ensure accurate quality control. Conduct monthly quality control inspections, document, findings/observations, and send reports to Austria.
• Ensure that the proper tools are available at each workspace. Order tools/replacement parts in a timely manner and in accordance with the company’s Signatory Policy.
• Ensure that underlay timbers are available in appropriate sizes.
• Ensure yard staff is continually trained in product knowledge and organizing the yard operation to function in an organized, productive way.
• Manage the logistics of all material (location, flow of goods) to ensure proper storage avoiding congestion.
• Ensure proper disposal of all damaged/scrap material in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Ensure all containers and shelves are accurately marked to ensure proper product information.
• Manage yard and warehouse ensuring compliance with company cleanliness and housekeeping standards.
• If applicable, ensure a properly trained welder is available at the branch; provide appropriate training and/or opportunity to obtain proper certification.
• Accurately process the timely flow of paper orders.
• Safely perform pushing and pulling tasks of up to 100 pounds and lifting of 50 pounds without assistance. Lifting of items over 50 pounds will be done by at least two individuals or with the proper use of the appropriate lifting equipment provided (i.e. forklifts, cranes, hoists, etc.).
• High school graduate. Associates Degree in related field preferred.
• Five (5) years recent supervisory experience in yard, inventory, or warehouse management.
• Facilitates projects and effectively manages multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing). Bilingual Spanish a plus.
• Possesses strong leadership skills, effectively manages a diverse team, and achieves results.
• Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency, and effective problem-solving skills.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
• Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts, and techniques.
• Organized team leader able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.