Date Posted: 4/22/2021 2:30:02 PM
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $28 - $31
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with one of the worldwide leading providers of packaging solutions used to pack a range of products including food products, life science and health care products, and industrial goods. Our client’s product portfolio covers nearly all the needs of the customer and includes - in addition to thermoforming packaging machines - traysealers, chamber machines, labelling and quality inspection systems, and even turnkey production lines.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Compensation: $28-$31/hour + OT + per diem + company car or vehicle allowance + excellent benefits. $80K-$90K+ W2.
Travel/Shift: Travel up to 90% of the time based on customer requirements, generally away M-F, ability to work weekends and on short notice is required.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for the equipment installation and technical support of a variety of company products.??You will be the face of the company and must ensure good customer relations while on-site at client locations.? A typical day will involve investigating and resolving customer technical issues, performing equipment installations, repairing or troubleshooting out-of-service units, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties for customers. Each customer and customer site is unique and comes with its own challenges, so you must be able to adapt and solve problems on the fly.?
• Skilled technicians with formal technical training and 4+ years of technical experience.??
• Military backgrounds in electronics, electrical maintenance, and/or mechanical component repair are all great skillsets and backgrounds that translate successfully to these roles.?
• Hands-on experience with PLC troubleshooting and/or understanding of ladder logic, AC/DC Motors, VFDs, pneumatic, hydraulic, and machine shop skills.??
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – as this is a customer facing role and you will be expected to explain procedures and/or train customers on the equipment, maintenance, and FAQ about day-to-day operations and upkeep.??
• Technicians will be travelling, so you must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to get a passport.