Date Posted: 10/2/2019 11:06:19 AM
Location: New York, NY
Industry: High Tech
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide. Our client’s unsurpassed quality, breadth, and depth of product offerings, and commitment to exceeding its customers’ expectations have resulted in double digit growth annually. The company continually dedicates itself to recruiting and retaining the best employees to assist in servicing customers. Our client’s growth rate has fueled its ability to consistently develop new technologies and processes that drive the creation of its products and services.
Interviews for the Field Service Engineer position will be held on October 7th.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be a key part of our client’s expanding Field Service team, as the company expert at customer sites ensuring that its advanced lighting systems are commissioned properly and serviced post-installation. This role is an integral part of the company’s customer-focused business model as customers are the foundation of its business. Build your career in an innovative, growing company by developing a working knowledge of company systems and supporting its customers. Additional responsibilities include:
• Deliver exemplary customer service to customers in the field.
• Become proficient in servicing all company systems while following field service procedures.
• Troubleshoot and repair commercial system installations.
• Coordinate with on-site contractors and facility managers to ensure proper system installation.
• Focus on lifecycle product service (troubleshooting, repair, training end-users, and upgrades).
• Work independently from a home office to accommodate the ever-changing needs and priorities of customers.
• Serve as a technical expert for legacy systems and products.
Locations: New York, NY / San Francisco, CA / Other major metro areas are possible
Salary: Compensation is commensurate with experience and may include cost of living allowance in some markets, participation in the car allowance program is also provided.
Travel Requirements: Up to 30% depending on location
Relocation: Relocation is included - $5,000
Shift Work: None, must be flexible to handle unscheduled calls in your territory
Benefits: Our client offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package that includes medical (HMO or PPO), dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, basic life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, and more! In addition, Field Service Technicians receive reimbursement for all business travel and are equipped with a complete tool kit, laptop, iPad, and iPhone. Other benefits include:
• Tenure of employees
• Career progression
• Company growth
• Work environment
• Opportunity to make decisions and impact change
• History of success hiring, on-boarding and retaining Veterans
• 2 or 4-year college degree, technical school degree, or related military experience.
• Strong Customer Service Skills.
• Willingness to travel 30% of the time.
• 3 to 5 years work experience in electro-mechanical or related field.
• Experience with troubleshooting electrical systems.
• Computer networking experience desired.
• Highly organized and accustomed to a fast-paced work schedule.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
• Drive for excellence in customer satisfaction.
• Enjoy troubleshooting and setting up complex systems.
• Have a passion for learning new technology.