Date Posted: 4/27/2022 9:28:32 AM
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $98,000 - $122,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Engineer II Controls Product Engineering
Location: Live Anywhere near major airport. (Reports to Service Manager in Cedar Rapids)
Salary: $98k - $122k + $10,000 sign on bonus
Benefits: Offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k with company match, and a stock purchase plan plus other compensation benefits.
Position Description: Engineer II Controls Product Engineering
Provides controls engineering support to the assigned product lines. The key internal customers are the project engineers, product line managers, manufacturing, and purchasing departments. Key external customers include vendors, the Technical Support Team, the field service technicians, and our end customers. The deliverables from this role are electrical engineering design, programming for logic controllers and visualization interface, and technical support.
• Maintain a cost balance for the electrical design that achieves the lowest base cost with the highest manufacturing efficiency and lowest warranty. This balance should also account for the highest operational efficiency and lowest maintenance requirement.
• Produce electrical design/program changes to support sale orders, product improvements, and change requests/non-conformances for assigned product lines.
• Provide timely, complete, and consistent technical support to internal and external business customers as required in support of assigned product lines.
• Support the Controls Team to increase output, standardization, and repeatability of designs and programs through developing and continuously improving engineering tools and work processes.
• Maintain at minimum a 30-day backlog of all assigned non-conformances.
• Develop controls standards.
• 4-year degreed Engineer. Preferably electrical (BSEE). Will consider mechanical or chemical.
• 2-5 years’ professional experience related to this position.
• Proficient with CAD - AutoCad or SolidWorks preferred.
• Proficient with Rockwell Automation Programming tools and Allen-Bradley hardware.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to produce results.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with people.
• Demonstrated ability to learn.
Vaccine Requirement: None