Date Posted: 9/22/2022 12:21:51 PM
Location: Walkersville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $180,000 - $200,000
Orion Talent is Assisting in Hiring a Director of Supply Chain in Walkersville, MD
Position Description: The Director of Supply Chain is accountable for flawless execution of the Supply Chain work streams within the site they serve. They have responsibility for: Planning, Procurement and Warehousing while ensuring order fulfillment and timely / accurate master data to our ERP systems. They partner with the site leader and other leadership team members to ensure the division achieves its targets and goals. The incumbent will lead through both solid and dotted line matrixed relationships directing the creation of achievable Master Schedules, Production and Material Plans as well as ensuring the company’s assets through robust warehousing and distribution. They will also direct the material sourcing and buying effort focusing on availability and spend through the site team as well as collaboration with the global sourcing and procurement CoE.
In this role, the incumbent will work within the manufacturing facility as part of the broader supply network from demand through fulfilment. Focusing on Service, Inventory, Cost and Efficiency this role is a key member of the site leadership team and facilitates the monthly site operations meeting as well as supports the site lead at the Sales &Operations meeting. Other key interactions and partner functionalities include but are not limited to: manufacturing area leads, MS&T, Program Management, Quality (Qc and QA) as well as site finance and human resources.
Location: Walkersville, MD (relocation available)
Salary: $180k-$200k plus 20% Bonus and a sign on bonus
Shift: Hybrid Schedule 3 & 2
• Master’s degree with technical background, or equivalent experience
• Certification in Project Management preferred
• Degree in Life science with strong commercial background and experience in the CDMO business model.
• At least 10 additional years of work experience in a relevant project/ program management and Supply Chain planning functions or other equivalent business positions.
• Very strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and manage not only project teams in a matrix environment but also direct people management in a traditional hierarchical organizational structure.
• Thorough understanding of the commercial issues that impact project /program strategy and planning.
• Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with clients based on trust and delivery.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of our customers to meet or exceed their expectations
• Ability to create a highly collaborative and inclusive environment necessary for a team to be effective.
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to effectively implement the tools and techniques of Lean in project management discipline
• Advanced modeling skills for financial, schedule, and materials planning an advantage
• Broad management experience of both professional and hourly employees and experience with multi-shift configurations an advantage
• Strong customer interpersonal skills and understands the value of building relationships based on trust.
• Has a strong sense of operating in a proactive manner driving themselves and their team towards key millstones and project initiatives.
• Has the strength of character to have difficult conversations with a customer, internal team members, and/or management when required.
• MS Project skills are required. Prior excellent experience with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word is a must
• Effective use of hard and soft skills in all aspects of conflict resolution, team building, decision-making, etc.
• Strategic mind-set with quality decision making, whilst balancing risk.
• Member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), representing all aspects of Supply Chain
• Ensure streamlined execution of site portfolio integrating customer projects needs within assets and resource management plan.
• Propose options to SLT for portfolio management based on priorities, capabilities, and profitability. Create options and scenarios for the S&OP meeting to balance supply to demand
• Actively support site head in preparation of budget and reports particularly with forecasting scenario.
• Lead the monthly Operations meeting and support the site leader in the S&OP meeting, provide a monthly reforecast of all site-based deliverables, update the financial outlook for the site as agreed at the meeting and submit to BU Planner.
• Empower the local SC team to grow and develop its collaborators. Act as a role model within the function and ensure functional success.
• Actively drive harmonization and standardization across multiple sites and technologies with regards to all SC work streams and initiatives. Drive change in this respect.
• Responsible for ensuring completion of monthly Site level Project Status Reports and provide ad hoc metrics reporting to Management as needed.
• Ensure optimal Project team organization, empowering team members and definition of clear roles and responsibilities.
• Ensure efficient process is in place to secure availability of materials to execute the project and including providing key information to procurement site head and forecasts to the corporate category managers
• Oversee Inventory Management and Materials Flows ensuring Inventory Record Accuracy
• Participate and lead local and global initiatives to improve the network
• Actively drive customer centricity and customer focus. Ensures regular customer focused sessions, such as presentations at local townhalls and customer spotlight with customers on site
• In addition, the incumbent may also manage specific elements or specialized functions for the LPB network e.g. leading a taskforce or troubleshooting teams, operational excellence initiatives or special projects etc.
• set ambitious and realistic plan and priorities, implement and monitor appropriate KPIs, to track progress, able to prioritize activities overcoming challenges while maintain high quality standard