Date Posted: 9/19/2023 8:25:59 AM
City, State: Detroit, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $65,000
• Title: Field Service Rep
• Location: Detroit, MI
• Travel/Schedule: Primarily local (minimal overnights per week); you generally will cover customers in your assigned area with occasional travel outside of the territory.
• Compensation: Target Base Salary ~$65K
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: Overtime + Per Diem + mileage / gas reimbursement
o Benefits: Company offers an industry-standard corporate benefits package to include Medical / Dental / Vision, company matched RRSP/DPSP, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, Life Insurance, Flexible Work Schedule, a profit sharing-program and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
• Vaccine Requirement: This position requires the COVID Vaccination, as the primary customers are hospitals in your assigned territory.
Position Description: Company provides top of the line, full and partial automation solutions for both direct mail and retail pharmacies. The OptiFill and RIVA service groups provide support and expertise to the customers on the company equipment and product lines. Service Representative(s) will be primarily responsible for providing Level 2 technical support to customers and third-party Level 1 support vendors, along with managing and maintaining the relationship with the customers on behalf of the company. You will specifically:
• Focus on customer needs and satisfaction by troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance and service repair needs on pharmacy automated equipment.
• Perform 2nd Level hardware preventive and corrective maintenance, as well as some software maintenance.
• Schedule 1st Level (3rd party) resources, including preventative maintenance and service calls.
• Monitor and support 1st Level (3rd party) resources to complete emergency break fix service calls.
• Support the facility group with any enhancements or upgrades that may impact the operation of the company system by providing information and technical knowledge for a successful implementation.
• Work with the facility (customer) to schedule appropriate downtime for preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Provide a summary of work performed at the frequency and detail required by the facility to document the servicing of the system.
• Preplanned service calls outside of normal business hours may be required to accommodate user schedules, ex: preventative maintenance may be conducted during the evening.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have at least 5 years’ experience in the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Electronic / Electrical and computerized electro-mechanical systems. A good mechanical aptitude is desired, as is some level of expertise with computers (software, remote diagnostics, windows-based networking etc). Experience and knowledge of troubleshooting robotics and/or automated systems is ideal. And you must be service-minded and customer-focused.