Date Posted: 1/24/2023 6:39:39 PM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $35 - $40
Title: Electrical Maintenance Technician
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation: $35 - $40/hour (based on experience)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance | Company-Paid Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) | Wellness Programs and Incentives | 401(k) Retirement Plan & Company Match | Paid Time Off (Sick & Vacation) | Paid Holidays | Hybrid Work Schedule
Travel: Local daily travel around the greater Houston area. Roughly 30% of out of state travel per a year
Vaccine Requirement: No COVID19 vaccine requirement
Position Description: Electrical Maintenance Technician
As an Electrical Maintenance Technician, you will perform routine electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of switchgear, controls, breakers, and generators primarily of low voltage (<1000V) systems and some limited medium voltage (1000V-35kV) systems. As a member of this team, you will learn how their microgrid systems are designed and function, ensure you are operating safely per company guidelines, receive periodic quality checks of work performed, provide feedback on design issues/improvements/maintenance procedures to your supervisor for action, and work with other departments as necessary for projects. This position requires the use of a company vehicle and adherence to all company vehicle and driving policies is among the positions responsibilities.
Additional duties and responsibilities will include:
• Performing planned electrical maintenance on field equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair of electrical systems and components.
• Identify and correcting deficiencies.
• Collect electrical data for prognostic health management.
• Assist operations with planned and unplanned equipment swaps.
The ideal candidate is a former Navy Nuke ET or EM with 4 or more years of service.
Additional qualifications include:
• Ability to read and understand system schematics and cable schedules for existing sites & sites being developed.
• Microsoft Office products proficiency as well as electronic CMS, and required software for PLCs and Protection Relays.
• Understand PLCs (preferably Deep Sea Electronics, and industrial PLC or PAC) and their ladder logic or similar functions or be able to learn them.
• Understand system electrical protection relays such as SEL and ABB devices or be able to learn them.
• Understanding of, and ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical fundamentals with respect to 3-phase power generation, power distribution, system controls, and system monitoring.
• Basic understanding of networking to learn and assist with local network configuration and site access.
• Familiarity with the use of tooling, multimeters, meggers, and other test equipment necessary for the commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electrical distribution and controls.