Position ID: # EB-1939294823
Date Posted: 7/28/2022 2:42:28 PM
Location: Springfiled, OR
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000
Job DescriptionOrion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Manufacturing Engineering Manager positions with an environmentally focused company serving its global customers in over 50 different industries and applications.
Location: Springfield, OR
As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the management, supervision, and coordination of activities in Production Engineering, Quality Control, Quality Engineering, and Maintenance. This role will work closely with senior management and departmental staff to maintain proper functionality, feasibility, and cost efficiency while adhering to the timeline of projects and activities. You will project operational costs and lead the preparations for the departmental budget. Responsibilities will include:
• Design, implement, and refine manufacturing processes.
• Advocate continuous improvement by establishing procedures, implementing system changes, monitoring performance, and making corrections as needed.
• Manage staff and assign tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
• Perform administrative and supervisory activities necessary for the effective management of personnel including selection, retention, goal setting, and evaluation of staff.
• Strive to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
• Secure the resources needed for teams to excel, including researching, and proposing capital investments.
• Help to create and oversee project budgets and engage in cost management strategies.
• Attend trade shows, and conferences, and make site visits to suppliers’ facilities.
• Advocate on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success.
• Maintain high-level expertise in the metal fabrication industry.
• Assure that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
• Collaborate with other managers and departments.
• Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers.
• Act as an expert engineering resource to support the company.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering required.
• 10-15 years’ relevant work experience.
• 10+ years’ applied management experience.
• Advanced personnel and project management skills.
• Expert-level knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
• Strategic thinking and planning.
• Strong leadership, team building, and mentoring skills.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
• Math skills, including statistics, calculus, and other advanced mathematics for developing new processes and products.
• Attention to detail.
• Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges.
• Organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
• Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms.
• Advanced MS skills (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Experience using System Applications and Products (SAP) software.