Date Posted: 10/25/2022 5:59:28 PM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $140,000 - $170,000
Position : Sr. PM
Position Description: This individual will direct and coordinate aviation engineering projects for company statewide and nationally. This will include managing a wide array of aviation projects with commercial and general aviation clients. This individual will collaborate and coordinate with multi-discipline design engineers and technicians.
This individual will also perform outreach and marketing to obtain work from commercial and general aviation clients.
Location: Houston, TX (May also live in Austin)
Travel: 20%-30% travel as needed with some overnights as needed. All travel expenses including mileage will be reimbursed. Austin, Houston and San Antonio, TX.
Why work at this company?
• Privately held company
• Client facing leadership position
• Stockholder when joining their ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
• Ownership expansion possible
• Backlog of projects
• Competing and winning projects against large national companies in DFW/HAS
• Collegial Management – No infighting over revenue
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program with major course work in Civil Engineering.
• Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6 months if licensed in another state.
• 8-10+ years of experience as PM in civil engineering
• Aviation project experience a plus
• Design experience
• Experience with FAA guidelines is a plus
• Texas Aviation experience is a plus.
• Ability to clear federal TSA security clearance is a plus but not required
• Possession of a valid driver's license in the State of Texas.
• Proficient in design software packages such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, aviation specialty programs
• Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
• Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is required.
• Veterans with experience will be strongly considered
• Apply knowledge of engineering principals, knowledge, and experience to aviation projects.
• Projects range in size from 2 million to 79 million in construction value
• Provide solutions to unique engineering problems for various types of projects
• Propose approaches to solving new and challenging problems encountered.
• Develop work plans to produce quality design documents to meet defined scopes, schedules, and budgets
• Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
• Identify discrepancies design documents using implemented QC/QA plan
• Provide design proposals to complete management and coordination for design and construction documents and other technical documents
• Manage and oversee teams to Develop preliminary and final design and construction documents
• Provide guidance to multiple teams of engineers and design professionals.
• Preparation and implementation of effective presentations, participation in client meetings and regular interaction with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
• Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
• Responsive and consistent in communications.
• Full understanding and application of FAA standards and guidelines
• Strong technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals a plus.
• Track and support the strategic Aviation Plan
• Recruit and hire competent engineers professionals
• Mentor and develop junior and senior engineers
• Client facing marketing and business development
• Track new pursuits and existing contract status
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.