Date Posted: 8/17/2022 4:15:47 PM
Location: Lampasas, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $80,000
Position Details: Staff Accountant
Locations: Lampass, TX
Shift: Day Overtime and some weekends
Job Overview The staff accountant will work on assigned monthly tasks and assist with month end close by following proper accounting procedures. All financial information will be processed in accordance to JSOX compliance. The staff accountant will be expected to prepare reports in a timely and accurate manner. This position will be required to assist in special projects and reports that are requested by the plant and corporate finance. Must be willing to work overtime or weekends in order to meet deadlines.
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare monthly journal entries.
• GL account reconciliation and follow up on variances
• Assist with special projects or reporting (capital, work orders, inventory, costing, audit requests).
• Prepare fixed asset additions, disposals, transfers, and maintain required records relating to additions, disposals and capital projects.
• Close manufacturing work orders.
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets, month end closing activities and forecasts.
• Accounts payable and payroll backup.
• Assist with fixed asset inventory and fixed asset management.
• Prepare plant KPI and environmental reports.
• Work with designated personnel on capital spending projections.
• Review and audit purchase card spending and reports.
• Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Support internal control reviews.
• Implement best practices, standards and procedures in all accounting functions and activities.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational and/or training opportunities.
• B.A. Degree in Accounting or
• 2-4 years related experience
• Must be proficient in Excel
• High degree of communication skills
• Used to working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard
• Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations