Date Posted: 1/24/2023 2:07:12 PM
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $28 - $34
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Remote – Seattle, WA – Looking for candidates living around the Seattle/Tacoma area
Shift: M-F Day Shift – Candidate makes schedule depending on travel and customer needs
Compensation: $28 - $34 per hour + OT
Benefits: Full comprehensive benefits package + 401(k) match
Travel: The employee is required to travel primarily by auto to various customer plant locations M-F. Some overnight travel may be required. Company van, laptop, cell phone and all tools are provided!
Vaccine Requirement: No vax req
Position Description: The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns of electro-mechanical functions and making necessary repairs. If you are a little heavier on the mechanical side with your skills this will be an easy transition. Just as important is your ability to defuse situations with customers and calmly handle any unforeseen issues at the work site. This will be key to maintaining good customer relationships and standing out amongst your peers.
• Perform duties to install and provide on-demand/scheduled service and training for all general-purpose equipment and a wide variety of industrial and specific application machines
• Independently schedule service calls, diagnose, and troubleshoot equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic functions, disassemble units, replace defective parts, adjust, and test for proper operation.
• Coordinate proactive pre-installation meetings with customers to review installation procedures and both company and customer responsibilities, inspect sites for product compatibility and install, adjust, and test equipment.
• Electro-Mechanical aptitude – 2+ years relevant experience
• Basic understanding of PLC’s
• Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics as required for installation, repair, special conversions, and retrofits of customer equipment.