Date Posted: 5/30/2023 3:57:22 PM
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $31 - $37
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Compensation: $31-$37/hr. 5-10 hours of OT per week.
Benefits: Company Truck, Health, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) match, tools, company cell phone, company computer, company vehicle, and flexibility!
Vaccine Requirement: None
The field service technician independently troubleshoots and determines root cause analysis for various types of equipment (flare, VRU’s, Thermal Oxidizers, VCU’s, and doc Safety Skids). In addition, you will participate in the commissioning and startup of newly installed systems. This consists of electrical/mechanical setup, electrical checkout, process stream introduction, and control loop tuning. *If you have military electrical or mechanical experience and a solid understanding of control systems you will be an idea fit for this role!
• Understanding of the combustion, industrial heating, and thermal oxidizer processes to the extent that a root cause can be determined for failed systems
• Basic understanding of the use, programming and troubleshooting of Programmable Logic Controller’s (PLC’s) and Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and Variable Speed Drives (VFD)
• Capable of serving as Cimarron’s on-site representative during electrical and mechanical checkout of the equipment during commissioning
• Is available for service calls and other service work (electrical/mechanical) as needed but priority will be automation work (PLC troubleshooting and program updates/changes)
• 5 years of experience in mechanical, electrical and instrumentation field work
Our client delivers comprehensive gas and vapor handling, combustion, and recovery solutions that help operators across the oil and gas value chain meet today’s most stringent air-quality and safety regulations. They serve more than 45 countries around the world from their key operational centers in the United States, Italy, the UAE, and Australia. They provide the highest-quality, cost-effective solutions, and support for custom-designed or standard flares, enclosed combustors, thermal oxidizers, or vapor recovery units (VRUs).
By offering competitive pay, benefits and building a strong learning and development framework to support our employees’ success, we have secured our spot as an employer of choice.