Date Posted: 7/21/2021 5:56:19 PM
Location: Allentown, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day.
Location: Allentown, PA
Salary: Candidates for this role typically make in the low to mid $30s/hr ($70,000+ in their first year). The role includes a car allowance and mileage will be paid for time spent in the field.
Benefits: Full medical and dental coverage will be provided along with a 401(k) with matching contribution, discounted stock purchase plans, wellness stipends, three weeks paid time off, seven sick days, 11 paid holidays, and much more!
As a Field Service Engineer, your position will involve working at customer sites to install, calibrate, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain company systems at customer sites. General responsibilities include working on the mechanical, electrical, and computer components of company systems, involvement in installations, calibrations, repairs, troubleshooting, and maintenance of installed products, and participating in technical reviews. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Installation and service of company products (mammography, digital mammography, bone densitometry, and mini c-arms) which include electrical, mechanical, and software.
• Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with company’s products.
• Complete all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies.
• Maintain a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements.
• Complete and submit all required paperwork on time.
• Train customers on the basic operation and use of company products.
• Provide feedback to the District Manager concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field and make recommendations for service improvements.
• Provide support at conventions, trade shows, and customer sites.
• Provide pre- and post-sales support by maintaining close working relationships with sales and customers to ensure expectations are met and equipment installations are handled properly.
• Manage inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts.
• Promote service contract offerings and assist the local Service Sales Specialist in selling service.
• Manage the assigned territory in an organized manner.
• Perform PMs on time, provide expeditious on-site response, and minimize equipment.
• Respond to customer inquiries in written form (with managerial approval), in person, or via telephone.
• Escalate customer issues and unresolved product problems to service management in a comprehensive and timely manner.
• Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be capable of multitasking, setting priorities, and scheduling work.
• Ability to resolve problems, think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
• Willing to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
• Must have reliable transportation and possess a valid driver’s license.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Diversified knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and computing principles.