Date Posted: 6/23/2022 12:53:43 PM
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with a one of the worldwide leading suppliers of analytical instruments, employing optical emission and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry technology, used for the elemental analysis of materials in industry, research, and academia.
Location: Charlotte, NC – Work from home.
Salary: $70K to $80K + OT and company car. 1st year W-2 should be $90K+.
Travel: Travel extensively, Monday through Friday, via plane, automobile, or other means of transportation. Overnight travel will be 50% to 65%
As a Field Service Technician, you will provide instrument service support mainly in the following product areas (including, but not limited to): ICP, ICP-MS, XRF, and ARC/SPARK. This is a great opportunity for someone with hands-on experience with any of these instruments to work in a customer facing setting who would like to advance their career! You will be supporting the continental US.
You will perform both complex and basic on-site customer support activities involving the installation, maintenance, repair, hardware integration, hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting, and training on products at customer sites in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the systems and serve as company expert with customers on administrative and technical matters. You will always conduct business in a professional manner building customer relationships. Responsibilities will include:
• Check out and approve operational quality of products. Isolate equipment malfunctions.
• Conduct on-site installation of complex products and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order.
• Make recommendations on improving existing testing, maintenance, and training procedures.
• Perform remote support as required for customers and service engineers.
• Follow escalation protocol, follow up on the issues, as well as escalations from other service engineers.
• Answer complex technical questions on equipment and work with customers to troubleshoot problems.
• Represent company in dealings with customer and be responsible for customer satisfaction. May oversee all service activities for a specific customer.
• Prepare and submit expense and service reports timely and accurately.
• Continuous company hardware and software training. Locally and International.
• AS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of hands-on field service experience, 5 -7 years preferred.
• Demonstrated competency and high level of understanding of electronics, high voltage power supplies (RF, DC), understanding of vacuum systems, metallurgy, physics, and chemistry.
• Excellent customer relations and organizational skills required.
• Above average computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other similar software packages.
• Will serve as ambassador to all clients and must maintain the highest level of comportment with clients, colleagues, and administration.
• Be resourceful and maintain composure during all situations.