Date Posted: 10/20/2023 8:30:15 AM
City, State: Naples, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $115,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Manager positions with an innovative leader in new construction and renovation projects.
Location: Naples, FL
Shift: Days (7:00am – 4:30pm EST)
Travel: Local Area / Job Sites
Benefits: Car Allowance, Gas Card, SunPass, 2 Weeks’ Vacation, 401K, Med, Den, Vis!
Relocation package: Case-by-Case
As a Project Manager, you will plan and control all aspects of the construction projects assigned to you to ensure that profitability, quality, safety, and schedules are maintained at acceptable levels period to promote high morale and to maintain open lines of communication with all salaried field employees. You will be responsible for all administrative phases of the construction projects assigned to you as well as the coordination with and the support of the Superintendent. You will report to the Operations Manager and must provide the operations manager the information for review and approval as outlined in the following Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of high-quality estimates as required.
• Promptly prepare a master cost breakdown of assigned projects.
• Notify Operations Manager of any estimate deficiencies immediately.
• Prepare a project ‘Things To Do’ list showing who is responsible for each activity and when it must be complete. Circulate this list to the entire project team.
• Establish a buyout schedule which sets dates for the issue of each purchase order and subcontract. All purchase orders and subcontracts are to be issued within three months of the ‘Notice to Proceed’ or sooner to minimize risk and maximize job performance.
• Maintain a follow up procedure to ensure that all purchase orders and subcontracts are executed and returned on a timely basis.
• Prepare a rough draft of all purchase orders and subcontracts for review by the operations manager.
• Review decisions to bond or not bond subcontractors with operations manager after obtaining subcontractor information sheets with financial data.
• Review all requested changes to the standard subcontract and purchase order with the operations manager.
• Interview the two or three low bidders on each major subcontract or material item to discuss scope, schedule, and price prior to making a commitment.
• Prepare a master subcontract and purchase order for the operation manager’s review.
• Develop a construction schedule in conjunction with the project Superintendent.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or similar.
• 10 years of experience in the AEC industry.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, highly positive outlook and flexibility.
• Willingness to travel as required.
• Spanish – Very important, but not ‘absolutely’ required.
• Must be able to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines.
• Must have strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and computer skills.
• Must be capable of working in both an office and field environment.
• Prefer experience working with schools & education system.