Date Posted: 8/4/2022 5:19:37 PM
Location: Newark, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day.
Location: Northern NJ Territory (Newark to New Brunswick)
Salary: New hires into this role typically make $80,000+ in total compensation. The offer package includes a bonus target and a car allowance with all mileage paid for time spent in the field.
Benefits: Full medical and dental coverage will be provided along with a 401(k) with matching contribution, discounted stock purchase plans, wellness stipends, three weeks paid time off, seven sick days, 11 paid holidays, and much more!
As a Field Service Engineer, you will work at customer sites to install, calibrate, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain company systems at customer sites. General responsibilities include working on the mechanical, electrical, and computer components of company systems, involvement in installations, calibrations, repairs, troubleshooting, and maintenance of installed products and participating in technical reviews. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the installation and service of company products (mammography, digital mammography, bone densitometry, and mini c-arms) which include electrical, mechanical and software components.
• Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with company’s products, support, and service.
• Complete all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
• Maintain a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements and all aspects of DQSM.
• Complete and submit all required paperwork on time and accurately.
• Train customers on the basic operation and use of company products.
• Provide feedback to the District Manager concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field and make recommendations for service improvements.
• Provide support at conventions, trade shows and customer trials.
• Provide pre- and post-sales support by maintaining close working relationships with sales and customers to ensure expectations are met and equipment installations are handled as planned.
• Manage inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts promptly.
• Promote service contract offerings and assist the local Service Sales Specialist in selling service agreements.
• Manage the assigned territory in an organized fashion.
• Perform PMs on time, provide expeditious on-site response and minimize equipment downtime.
• Respond to customer inquiries in written form (with managerial approval), in person, or via telephone as needed.
• Escalate customer issues and unresolved product problems to service management in a comprehensive and timely manner.
• Be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Capable of multitasking, setting priorities and scheduling work activities.
• Ability to resolve problems, think analytically, and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
• Willing to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
• Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, and carry adequate auto insurance.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
• Diversified knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and computing principles.