Date Posted: 8/23/2022 5:34:52 PM
Location: Wilmington, MA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $160,000 - $218,000
Position: Instrumentation Systems Design Engineer
Position Details: Design and develop systems that solve complex test and measurement challenges for our customers. Such systems require proficiency in analog circuit design, signal conditioning, data conversion, power electronics, isolation, mixed-signal algorithms, digital signal processing, and understanding of embedded systems. An instrumentation systems design engineer works closely with a cross-functional team of marketing, applications, and design engineers in order to drive the company’s strategy for precision test and measurement systems, identify optimal system-level solutions, and influence new product definition.
Location: Wilmington, MA
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 7+ years' experience or Masters’ degree with 5+ years of experience in analog and mixed-signal design.
• Working experience designing electronic systems with EDA tools is required
• Strong hardware verification and validation skills, and hands-on experience with electronic test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, VNAs, DMMs and power supplies.
• Understanding of metrology concepts, error budgets, and specification derivation is beneficial
• Proven ability to see a project through the conception, prototyping, debug, and production life cycle
• Proficiency with engineering design, simulation, and data acquisition tools like SPICE, LabVIEW, and Matlab
• Experience with programming languages like C/C++, Python is highly desirable
• Experience with FPGAs, DSPs, and embedded systems is a plus
• Results-oriented and creative problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts in verbal and written form
• Affinity to learn new skills and information quickly with high tolerance for ambiguity
• Design, develop, characterize and document proof-of-concepts for new test and measurement systems
• Develop technical collateral including application notes, articles, reference designs, tradeshow demonstrations, and digital content
• Conduct technical training for the field applications and sales teams, distributors, and customers on the topics of system design and solutions
• Work with customers and field applications engineers to identify technology gaps
• Translate customer’s requirements into component specifications and suggest appropriate system partitioning
• Evaluate competitive threats, identify market trends, and anticipate future market and technology requirements