Date Posted: 4/22/2022 12:07:53 PM
Location: Midland, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $75,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with an American publicly traded, multinational conglomerate corporation that primarily operates in four areas of business: aerospace, building technologies, performance materials, and technologies (PMT), and safety and productivity solutions.
Location: Midland, MI
Salary: $65K – $75K base salary
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1st shift (could require working after hours/weekends on select projects)
Travel: High travel role; some overnights may be required. A company vehicle, phone, and iPad are provided.
As a Field Service Engineer, the primary focus is to provide continuing service support for the company’s QCS platforms used in Pulp and Paper & other associated industries. Responsibilities will include:
• Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, and Emergency Support maintenance of customer's Quality Control Systems.
• Troubleshoot and solve system and process related problems.
• Perform sensor verification and calibration.
• Publish critical reporting to customers including Monthly Performance, Results Reports, Correction Action Reports.
• Actively interface with customers at all levels.
• Ensures customer satisfaction through oral and written communication.
• Provide 7 X 24 emergency support to customer and technicians on a rotation schedule with other Technicians.
• Strong electrical, electronic, and mechanical aptitude with the ability to work on and troubleshoot maintenance equipment.
• Self-starter and will be comfortable working with people while troubleshooting / problem-solving or while training customers how to use equipment.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills are of utmost importance.
• Ability to read mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics.
• Experience with PLC troubleshooting/industrial controls is required for this role.
• Engineering degree preferred (EE/ME) or 3 + years of electrical/instrumentation/industrial controls experience preferred.
• Design/Engineer solutions to prevent reoccurring problems as knowledge is acquired.
• Capable of writing, reviewing, and / or editing various types of technical reports preferred.
• Able to conduct formal meetings with customer management personal preferred.
• Capable of evaluating control effectiveness preferred.
• Capable of verifying and calibrating sensors as well as possessing a working knowledge of sensor operations and correctors preferred.
• Knowledgeable of system architecture and operations as well as applicable database items needed for basic maintenance and calibration preferred.
• Project a positive and confident attitude focused on meeting and exceeding customer. Expectations.
• Capable of developing new PMS for existing and new products as knowledge is acquired.