Date Posted: 7/30/2020 3:45:00 PM
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $23 - $27
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Technician position.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Pay: $23-$27/hr + OT (average 0-10 hours per week)
Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM when in office, variable while traveling
Travel: Daily travel within region with rare overnight travel.
Benefits: The company benefits package includes medical/dental insurance, a 401k with 5% match, 10 days vacation per year, 8 paid holidays, per diem, mileage/lodging reimbursement, and all tools needed for job
Position Description: Field Service Technician
Principal Responsibilities: This role is to provide excellent technical services and customer service experiences maintaining strong relationships with manufacturers, suppliers, and sales representatives. As such, you must be a positive, energetic leader who excels in working in a collaborative environment. Other responsibilities include:
• Perform all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks providing instructional training to customers
• Diagnose errors or technical problems by visual and auditable inspection of machines and determine proper solutions
• Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to and resolve issues
• Diagnose, install, and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers and wiring, electrical, electronic components of machinery and equipment
• Consistently deliver excellent customer service experiences by offering knowledge, advice, and answering questions and concern
• Coordinate with VP of Sales and Sales Representatives to provide excellent customer support
• Continual training of equipment and resources necessary to perform the functions of the department
• Manage excellent vendor relationships by providing timely communications, problem solving, and site visits to key suppliers when necessary
• Produce timely and detailed service reports
• Attend Branch and Technical Service meetings scheduled by Service Manager or Branch Mgr.
• Monitor work procedures, work schedules, and expedite workflow
• Create and submit a completed expense report each month
Requirements: The ideal candidate for this job is a technician who possesses strong electrical skills, has a basic mechanical aptitude, and is an independent-minded, self-motivated individual comfortable working remotely. You must be a service-oriented individual in order to satisfy client’s needs and build business relationships. A basic understanding of PLCs (Allen Bradley) is required. Any experience with machinery and conveyor equipment experience is a strong plus as is familiarity with scheduling and expediting the turnaround time on service calls. You must have dependable transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.