Date Posted: 8/30/2021 4:26:52 PM
Location: Hudson, NH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $90,000 - $110,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Operations Manager
Location: Hudson, NH
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
Benefits: Offers a wide array of benefits including: medical/dental insurance, life insurance, short/long-term disability, company vehicle, 401k w/4% match, 2 weeks PTO, 7 paid holidays
The Operation Manager position is responsible for operations of the Branch facilities, service and the timely and accurate completion of the scope of work required for restoring properties damaged by fire, water smoke, storms and other catastrophes to pre-loss conditions in accordance with policies, procedures and professional practices. The result is to produce residential, commercial and institutional restoration jobs that meet or exceeds customer expectations and achieve the financial goals of the organization.
• Manage the total results of the Branch to meet or exceed all individual performance criteria.
• Using Restoration Manager and Xactimate analyze labor and material requirements and schedule and oversee the work necessary to restore damaged property to pre-loss conditions.
• Upon receipt of an assigned project the Operation Manager is to evaluate and utilize labor and material costs used for the management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, process bids, selecting vendors, subcontractors, negotiating contracts and determining cost effectiveness.
• Manage the company’s pipeline of jobs-in-progress through effective capacity planning, scheduling, and time management.
• Review the scope of work agreed upon by the project estimator, and the Project Manager prior to the project start-up. Make sure all procedures are followed and carried out such as Change Orders or supplements necessary and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Review and approve Sub-contractor proposals, process Sub-contractor bid forms to accounting for scheduled draw and final payments.
• Perform regular site visits with the Project Manager for the purpose of monitoring each project, and sub-contractors for the purpose of verifying job performance time restrictions and scheduling requirements.
• Prior to the completion of the project review the field file for all required forms, correspondence and documents before turning it back over to a Customer Services Coordinator to move files closure.
• Participate in and lead the weekly Production meeting and contribute to pre and post-job evaluations to continuously improve quality and service levels to customers.
• Manage P&L to ensure the branch is working towards having greater revenues and fewer expenses.
• Evaluate and report on safety needs and investigate potential safety issues.
• Participate and maintain the rotating On-Call schedule for the Branch. Perform regular on-call duties. Actively lead and participate in emergency services calls while on call and as needed by the company during regular working and non-working hours.
• Support company sales and marketing initiative by maintaining and improving relationships with claimants, insurers, claims adjustors, subcontractors and other individuals and groups that influence buying decisions directly or indirectly impacting the company
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
The ideal fit for this position will be someone with either a proven track record of running a profitable business or success in managing construction operations. A successful candidate MUST understand the financial aspects of running a team and strive to develop new business for continued growth. Construction industry experience can vary, but some familiarity with the industry is required. Even better if you have negotiated service or construction contracts in the past.
• Must have prior management experience and proven success with managing P&L.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other PC software packages. Prior experience with Xactimate is preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and self-management skills
• Precise detail orientation and excellent organizational and time management skills.