Date Posted: 7/19/2021 8:41:11 PM
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 4
The architect of modern hydrogen and fuel cell technology, our client is the innovator that has taken hydrogen and fuel cell technology from concept to commercialization. Our client has revolutionized the material handling industry with its full-service solution, which is designed to increase productivity, lower operating costs and reduce carbon footprints in a reliable, cost-effective way. With proven hydrogen and fuel cell products, our client replaces lead acid batteries to power electric industrial vehicles, such as the lift trucks customers use in their distribution centers. Extending its reach into the on-road electric vehicle market, our client’s platform of modular fuel cell engines empowers OEMs and system integrators to rapidly adopt hydrogen fuel cell technology.
The Field Service Technician will support our client’s fuel cell products currently installed in electric lift trucks, including performing preventative maintenance and resolving breakdowns. You will be responsible for the installation and servicing of fuel cells at a specific location; and for reporting breakdown events, parts ordering and maintenance of fuel cells at a specific location. This position presents a great amount of exposure to customer personnel and electric lift truck operators, and thus requires a person with excellent technical skills as well as communication, interpersonal and motivational skills. Each site has two-four technicians supporting operations. As a new hire, you can expect to work with the lead technician over the first 30-60 days focused on OJT and formalized training to support site installs and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintenance and service of fuel cells at customer sites.
• Performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to maintain the fleet at a specific location.
• Performing specialized service procedures, including field retrofits and software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells.
• May require troubleshooting and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage, delivery and fueling systems.
• Providing regular feedback to regional service representatives regarding fuel cell performance and field
• Exhibiting and enforcing safety procedures in the field or customer sites.
• Travel as required for business needs; expected to drive safely and to adhere to all traffic laws
• At least four or more years of direct experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
• Formal training and education may be also considered in lieu of direct experience
• Must possess a valid driver license, a clean driving record, and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds on regular basis unassisted
• Knowledge of lift truck operation and applications is a plus
• General mechanical aptitude is required
• Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creativity in solving technical problems
• Ability to work independently