Date Posted: 11/8/2022 4:25:39 PM
Location: Savannah, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $65,000
Locations: Savannah, GA
Shift: M-F normal hours with extended OT as required
Pay: $60,000 - $65,000, plus bonuses based on revenue generation, with consideration given to attitude, team play, neatness, timely paperwork, and care of company assets.
Travel Requirements: This is a field service position, so anywhere from 1-3 nights per week you could be on the road. Company provides you with a car and travel per diem.
Position Description: Field Service Technician – Prior US Navy Nuclear Technician
The Company, Inc. Field Service Technician is responsible for service, installation, and repair of automated pump stations, pump controls, piping, valves, and related equipment, within his assigned operating area. He is expected to identify opportunities for both new equipment and service sales, and work with both his Regional Field Service Manager and the Inside Sales Manager, as required, to secure orders for the company. As a representative of the company in direct contact with end-user customers, the Field Service Technician is expected to conduct himself in a highly professional manner at all times.
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues on automated pump systems.
• Use a multimeter, process meter, megger, vibration meter, laser alignment tool, and other instruments to diagnose pump motors and controls issues.
• Instruct customers on proper procedures for operating and maintaining equipment.
• Install pump stations, pumps, and motors using cranes and other heavy equipment.
• Set up and maintain telemetry networks utilizing radios, cellular modems, DSL lines, etc.
• Perform pump station preventive maintenance.
• Promote sales of company products and services to solve customer problems.
Requirements: The ideal fit for this role is a military veteran that served in the nuclear Navy. Must be able to work independently and be able to adapt well to a constantly changing schedule.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to learn to read and interpret wiring schematics, mechanical drawings, and technical literature.
• Travel--/overnight stays during the week are necessary
Benefits: Company provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a stock option plan. The company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
• Full benefits—health and dental insurance, 401K, vacation-- following 90 days of employment.
• Company vehicle provided to experienced technicians.
• Laptop computer, cell phone, and specials tools provided.
• All travel expenses covered—motels, food & lodging.
• Continuous training to improve employee skills and create opportunities for advancement.
• Mentoring and strong internal support from experienced senior technicians and managers.
• Culture of a privately-held company where our most valuable assets are our employees and their collective knowledge, skills, and work ethic.