Date Posted: 2/3/2023 2:42:14 PM
Location: Orleans, MA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $85,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Manager positions with a design-build business devoted to ecological restoration and client satisfaction.
Location: Orleans, MA
Compensation: $65,000-$85,000 + Bonus potential
Shift: M-F 8a-5p
Travel: All travel will be in and around the Cape Cod area
Vaccine Requirement: No
As a Project Manager, your job responsibilities will involve both field and office work. You will work closely with the design team, other project managers, and the construction team to carry out the goals and priorities of the client and company. You will collaborate with the design team to ensure a rapid and smooth transition from project design to construction. You will also collaborate with the production manager, crew leaders, and other staff to supervise and facilitate the construction process and will be responsible for assuring a consistently safe and healthy work environment for all involved with projects under your supervision. Responsibilities will include:
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously in all phases of the project.
• Apply a high level of technical expertise in ecological restoration to ensure that the company consistently produces the highest quality of work. This includes performing all work in a manner that is based on current scientific findings, scientifically defensible arguments, and techniques related to professional land management and ecological restoration.?
• Work with internal design team to develop design plans and project strategies within the parameters of the consulting contracts.
• Lead presentations as needed in collaboration with the project team at regulatory review meetings (primarily local-level Conservation Commission public hearings) for the purpose of discussing the technical aspects, ecological benefits and services, implementation approach and regulatory compliance of company-developed projects.
• Collaborate with the internal team in scheduling jobs and assigning construction staff to specific projects to achieve maximum efficiency in a safe environment.
• Best candidates will have prior project management experience, particularly in the ecological space.
• Ecological education experience or degree is adequate in lieu of the professional experience.
• Great communication, teamwork, attention to detail and excellent customer service.
• These projects will mostly at private residences and will interact daily with homeowners and builders. Familiarity with the MA Wetlands Protection Act and experience with landscape construction, ecological restoration, or bioengineering construction will be the most helpful in this position.
• Previous experience in a supervisory position is also needed due to the nature of the daily leadership required as a PM.