Date Posted: 11/6/2023 1:20:18 AM
City, State: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $150,000 - $175,000
Title: Industrial Project Manager – Water/Wastewater
Location: Can be based out of any of our client's 30+ U.S. offices.
Shift: M-F Hybrid work schedule preferred, but can be Remote, with occasional travel to the company's offices and client offices.
Compensation: $150k-175K Base Salary (or more), depending on experience and location, plus Bonus.
Benefits: some of the most competitive and comprehensive benefits in the industry:
• Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Short and Long Term Disability plans, Wellness Program.
• 401(k) Plan with match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance and Commuter Program.
• Life and Accident Insurance plan, Auto and Home Insurance plan, Business Travel Insurance plan.
• Paid Time Off, Flexible Work Options, Employee Assistance Program.
Travel: Able to travel approximately 10% of the time – may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Vaccine Requirement: No corporate vaccine policy.
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience managing small to large Consulting, Design and Design-Build industrial Water and/or Wastewater projects. As part of their Industrial Division, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of water and wastewater projects with clients in a variety of industrial sectors. Typical project sizes range from $5M-$150M.
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on water/wastewater projects
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance water/wastewater design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing for clients throughout the U.S.
• Participating in professional societies relevant to the industry
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in clients’ organizations
• Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering, or related degree
• 10+ years of related experience
• Able to travel approximately 10% of the time – may vary depending on workload and project demands
• PE license strongly preferred.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list)
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• In-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Professional engineering (PE) license, strongly preferred.
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for Industrial water/wastewater clients.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Previous experience working directly with clients
• Master’s degree.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and costs estimates for industrial clients
Our client is a global privately owned engineering and construction firm that provides client service and smart solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities.
Their industrial team provides full-service solutions—process engineering and plant betterment, facilities and infrastructure improvements, comprehensive environmental and water services, and various specialty offerings—to various industries. This allows their team to take sole responsibility for project delivery, from initial concept development through design, construction, commissioning and O&M.
Why this opportunity?:
Our client’s Industrial Division is experiencing tremendous growth with significant growth expected for at least the next 3-5 years in the primary markets they serve and solutions they deliver - they plan to become a $3B company, with much of that growth coming from the Industrial Division.
Our client attracts the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. They strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. They provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that their employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. As well, they 100% embrace technology and innovation, and their project sizes are large enough and small enough to innovate in a meaningful way.
Leadership and culture are extremely important to our client. They are looking for high-caliber, highly experienced leaders who are hungry and motivated to grow the Industrial Division. There is tremendous opportunity to advance in your career.