Date Posted: 3/19/2023 11:36:04 PM
City, State: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 5
Required Degree: Engineering
Salary (USD): $75,000 - $105,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Engineer positions with the creative, engineering and construction arm of a popular theme park and resort.
Location: Orlando, FL
Compensation: $75K – $105K base salary, depending on experience
Schedule: M – F Days
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), short/long-term disability, flexible spending/health savings accounts, PTO plus paid Holidays, plus many great perks - park passes, hotel discounts, etc.
Vaccine Requirement: Company does not have a vaccination requirement or policy.
As a Project Engineer, you will provide project engineering support and coordination between the company’s Architects and Engineers and the Project Contractor’s / Vendors. Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare complete, accurate and timely submittal and punch list logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications. Tracking and receiving approved submittals from Architect / Engineer and / or the Creative team and notifying the same if their review and approval has potential schedule impact.
• Prepare, review and process Requests for Information (RFI), Shop Drawings and Submittals and the maintenance of as-built information.
• Manage project during construction phase to achieve quality, schedule, budget, and safety.
• Aid Superintendent and Field Engineer with contractor supervision.
• Act as a liaison between owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and the project team to process administrative work including RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, claims, and change orders.
• Coordinate with Architects and Engineers on all ride/show inputs.
• Maintain all QA/QC documentation and monitor construction for quality and scope compliance. Coordinate inspections and audit contractor’s field documentation.
• Schedule all required construction meetings with required personnel, to include contractors, architects, and owners, providing agenda for all parties during pre-bid, project, and closeout meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree is Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of general construction related experience - familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
• Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as Vendors and Contractors.
• Proficient in Microsoft Project software and Meridian Pro-Log management systems.
• Good organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability.