Date Posted: 11/21/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $70,000
• Title: Equipment Service Technician
o Albany, NY (or in general vicinity)
o Syracuse, NY (or in general vicinity)
o Cedar Rapids, IA (or in general vicinity)
• Schedule/Travel: You will perform on-site technical services at customer sites throughout a multiple state territory; you can expect ~80% overnight travel, sometimes for several weeks consecutively. When you aren’t travelling overnight, you will be providing technical service to customers in the local area.
• Compensation: Target base rate ~$65K-$70K (total earning potential ~$100K with overtime, triple-time and bonuses)
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: $10K sign-on bonus; plenty of O/T and travel expenses reimbursed (company credit card); you will be provided a company car.
• Benefits: Company offers an excellent benefits package to include:
o Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
o Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
o Vision (basic and premier coverage)
o Prescription drug coverage
o 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
o New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
o Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
o Livongo diabetes program
o Corporate discounts
• Vaccine Requirement: None
Position Description: In this role you will provide technical service and support for customers who own and operate Evergreen filling machines, to include installation, inspection, troubleshooting and service repair of electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and equipment. You will also train the customer’s personnel on proper operating and maintenance techniques to ensure good packing outputs. Some other specific responsibilities include:
• Conduct/control service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support and safety are achieved while meeting the budgeted goals and objectives for productivity and utilization.
• Communicate well with central scheduling, management, other departments and customers.
• Function as the equipment service technician within the departmental advising EPE service management and/or engineering of any problems or situations with models of current or modified design.
• Provide learning experience for both customer and EPE plant personnel on machine operation.
• Learn and grow skill sets and competencies to achieve both business and personal development objectives.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have well-rounded troubleshooting and maintenance experience, ideally with industrial equipment, electrical, pneumatic and other related mechanical systems (pumps, valves, air cylinders, conveyors, etc). You should be able to interpret technical schematics and use electrical / electronic test equipment, too. You also must possess a valid driver’s license.