Date Posted: 9/22/2022 2:18:01 PM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $75,000 - $120,000
Position Descriptions: Field Services Coordinator / Manager (based on experience)
The Field Services Coordinator manages the safe, timely and quality delivery of field repairs and services in support of 2-Stroke, 4-Stroke and heavy equipment repairs and reconditioning. Continue the development of Field Services opportunities, expand skills of the service team to increase capability and capacity, continuing to develop Service team structure supporting increased safety and efficiency with a focus on quality of all deliverables with positive margins.
Some responsibilities will include:
• The Field Services Coordinator will coordinate availability of manpower with the Workshop Coordinator for delivery of all work scopes based on available timelines.
• Manage the job services schedule, manpower, workflow and prioritize the execution of Field Services.
• Communicate directly with customers, agents and vessel agents and owners to develop service opportunities.
• Provide requested quotations; to include defining required spare parts lists, provide resource planning, schedule required manpower and manage service coverage during employee vacation requests.
• Ensure proper service reports and measurement sheets are completed for all services delivered.
• Manage 30 Field Service Engineer team members and their service personnel.
Compensation: Field Services Coordinator | $75k - $95k / annually based on experience
Field Service Manager | $95k - $120k /annually based on experience
Location: Houston, TX
Shift: Standard in-shop hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
The hiring manager is looking for a strong prior military candidate who has experience as a field service coordinator or experience with technical engine or power transmission services or other oil and gas experience.
Wartsila, MAN, Mitsubishi, Sulzer, Bergen, Pielstick, and STX are just a few of the engine types named. You by no means have to be an expert on all or even one of them, but you do need to have at least some with the ability to learn fast and hit the ground running. Most of the information and skills will be learned on the job and company will also provide some in house training to further your technical skills, so you will have to be able to retain knowledge quickly, efficiently, and safely.
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life and Disability Insurance as well as generous PTO. They also offer a yearly $150 boot allowance and $150 prescription safety glasses allowance.