Date Posted: 6/9/2021 2:33:01 PM
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Full Time
Orion Talent is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with one of the world’s leading producers of extrusion technology.
Location: Can live in South Carolina or Georgia, near an airport
Travel Requirements: Covering Southeast / overnight travel / projects last a day to a week in duration / possibility for international travel down the road if desired.
Training: 2 – 4 weeks in Germany, you will participate in a comprehensive training program before being placed in the field.
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package, as well as a company vehicle, credit card, phone, and laptop.
As a Field Service Engineer, you get to provide top notch customer service as you troubleshoot, repair, and maintain company extrusion blow molding and packaging machines. Responsibilities will include:
• Quickly and accurately diagnose equipment issues and determine what is needed to get the equipment running again.
• Maintain parts and supplies in your (company provided) service vehicle in order to have the right tools on hand to solve customer problems.
• Communicate with customers and teach them how to correctly use company equipment and decrease future needs - making you a true asset to your customers.
• Carry out rebuilds and their commissioning at the customer's site including assembly/installation supervision, function test, running-in of the system, training of the customer's personnel on the system, acceptance of the system.
• Troubleshooting and repairs in case of malfunctions of the control system/electrical system, hydraulics/pneumatics, extrusion unit/hose head, mechanics.
• Provide support in case of process engineering problems.
• Document the work carried out and changes in the assembly report.
• Carry out training courses.
• Create data sheets.
• Check possible spare parts and retrofit requirements at the customer's site.
• Record important innovations at the customer site.
• Outstanding experience troubleshooting and maintaining electronically driven systems and possess good mechanical aptitude or inclination for equipment repair and maintenance.
• Demonstrated expertise and performance in maintenance and repair in a high-tempo environment.
• Possess excellent analytical skills and a solid working knowledge of systems-level maintenance.
• Able to read and work with schematics for maintenance and repair operations and be self-motivated, results-oriented, dependable, organized, efficient, disciplined, and have outstanding ability to work on multiple tasks with minimal to no supervision.
• Top candidates will have outstanding PLC troubleshooting knowledge and programming experience skills as well as the desire to learn and consistently train to increase mechanical skillset.
• Mechanical: Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps, gears, Bearings, Valves, Basic Blueprint Reading, and Mechanical Troubleshooting.