Date Posted: 6/28/2022 12:11:54 PM
Location: Redmond, WA
Salary (USD): $110,000 - $120,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Manager positions with an environmentally focused company serving its global customers in over 50 different industries and applications.
Virtual interviews for the Project Manager position will be held on July 29.
Location: Redmond, WA
Pay: $110K - $120K
As a Project Manager, you will work in a customer-focused role which includes project engineering and project management in North America, South America, Eastern and Western Europe, and Southeast Asia. Additionally, studies, audits, commissioning, and start-ups are part of this position’s responsibilities. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate the effort to bring all elements of the project together and provide oversight and communication channels necessary to meet deadlines for timely installation and start up at the customer site.
• Work internally with our experts in functional areas such as Engineering, Product Management, Procurement, Services and possibly construction, to ensure profitability, performance, on time delivery, and customer satisfaction from the time of the sale to the completion of the project.
• Responsible for the full life cycle of projects including project reviews, establishing time frames, determining funding limitations, project staffing requirements, and allocation of available resources to various phases of the project.
• Ensure continuous communication with the project team, the customer, other key internal team members and related vendors.
• Support project proposal efforts by developing a process scope of work and process man-hour estimate in support of the defined Client scope; Develop staffing plan and schedule to support the man-hour estimate and schedule from concept through design and start-up.
• Develop and/or oversee production of engineering reports, studies, calculations, PFDs, P&IDs, GAs, equipment specifications/data sheets, and review/approval of vendor submittals.
• Assure quality of design documents and process deliverables.
• Manage projects within budget and schedule constraints by interacting with Clients, team members and management to resolve project roadblocks.
• Participate and provide leadership in Client and project team meetings to establish project objectives and coordinate and/or resolve design problems.
• Provide technical and applications support to customers.
• Support process improvement projects.
• Coordinate production priorities to meet customer demand.
• Participate in studies, audits, HAZOPs, and inspections at customer sites.
• Support the production team in commissioning, start-up, and performance testing roles.
• Coordinate with our Purchasing team to ensure pricing, procurement and delivery of equipment, materials, and services.
• Engineering degree in Chemical Engineering, Pulp and Paper Science, or an equivalent degree
• 3-7 years of progressive engineering experience in the pulp and paper industry either in a mill engineering/production department or as an engineer with a technology supplier to pulp mills/engineering firms.
• Experience in Pulp and Paper Industry is required. Specifically, working knowledge of the various unit operations such as:
o Causticizing and Chemical Recovery
o Chemical Pulping Fiberlines (wood yard, pulp mill, bleach plant etc.)