Date Posted: 10/21/2022 11:02:39 AM
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $140,000 - $165,000
Position: Senior Contracts Manager (start as soon as possible)
Position Description: Senior Contracts manager with EPC expertise for Installation reporting to the Senior Director Global Procurement – Installation, Transportation and Project Engineering. This person will be responsible for driving transformation in a high growth/high intensity work environment for the NA spend of Installation which exceeds $550M in volume annually. This critical role supports our internal functional customers within Installation, Solutions Development, Project Management, Project Controllers, and R&D.
Location: Atlanta, Dallas, Grand Rapids, Houston, TX or possibly remote.
Salary: $140-$165k plus 15% bonus
Travel: Once a month for up to two days
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Engineering, or Business
• PMP certification preferred
• 8 + years of experience in relevant contractual activities in similar industries, EPC, construction/installation, project type environment.
• Expertise in commercial clauses with proven track record in complex contractual work.
• Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Strong knowledge supplier networking and partnership development
• Knowledge and strong utilization of Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with peers and upper management
• Must be willing to travel to suppliers and/or other Company locations as needed up to 25%.
• Demonstrated values of collaboration, integrity, courage and excellence is required.
• Effective communication in English (verbal and writing)
• Write, execute, and manage contracts with key installation suppliers, which include master subcontract agreements and staffing agreements for installation services (electrical, mechanical, pre-commissioning Installation labor, as well as full turnkey subcontractors, and material/rental providers).
• Lead, build and grow the team, currently a team of 5 people.
• Develop contract strategy based on internal policies and business requirements considering risk, scope, pricing, etc.
• Develop and drive the execution of strategies for Installation supply for total best value, world class execution with compliance, safety and quality as business imperatives.
• Negotiate and execute full turnkey packages ranging from $1M – $40M, depending on the size of the project, ensuring Company’s protection with best risk-mitigated contracts.
• Create and maintain relationships with suppliers’ C suite level and serve as the singular point of contact for matters concerning contracts, negotiations, and claims.
• Anticipate the needs of the supporting functions primarily installation teams to meet/exceed these expectations in a compliant manner.
• Build a 3-year strategy for the Installation team and support the rapid growth.
• Ensure timely and accurate supplier compliance with the commercial terms and conditions in the portfolio of contracts.
• Communicate to stakeholders about all contract related matters.
• Work with business leaders to set contractual budgets, using the proper legal and financial terminology.
• Continuously monitor contracts during execution phase, with weekly supplier updates and close tracking of running costs, and over-runs. Be able to work with controllers and the finance community on claims per contractual obligations.
• Rapid fast development of Installation third party supply base (complementary to Company internal resources) that is competitive and compliant in the material handling and controls space. All suppliers (existing and new) require proper vetting and due diligence.
• Develop and ensure tracking of meaningful performance key performance indicators (KPI) for Installation.
• Guide, develop, and mentor the Installation commercial team in commercial contracting efforts to aid in their achievement of business objectives.
• Cultivate and develop relationships with internal stakeholders as a trusted business partner.
• Participate in functional meetings as a business partner to provide support at the onset of initiatives.
• Perform value analysis to identify and implement cost improvements.
• Support budget adherence within the functions.
• Understand the capacity of suppliers and availability for services.
• Forecast and record savings achieved.