Date Posted: 9/16/2020 10:10:38 AM
Location: Mt. Airy, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Technician positions with a company that produces float glass, coated glass, custom-tempered glass, and insulated glass units. Our client focuses on in-house innovation by leveraging the strengths of its core businesses and the ingenuity of team members.
Interviews for the Maintenance Technician position will be held in Mount Airy, NC on September 29.
Location: Mount Airy, NC
Compensation: Total Annual Comp about $60K-$70K (base pay, overtime, profit sharing bonus)
Shift: Tues-Fri 5:30a-5:30p for two weeks then Wed-Sat 5:30p-5:30a the third week.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K + Employer Contribution, Free Life Insurance & Short-Term Disability Insurance, and Monthly Company Profit Sharing
As a Maintenance Technician, you will maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical wiring, controls, drives, electronic motor devices and sensors, pumps, ovens, industrial machinery and robots, conduit systems, emergency lighting systems, and other general industrial maintenance. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform preventive maintenance, inspections, and repairs following a scheduled PM program and as needed to keep the plant operational.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and improve equipment.
• Routinely inspect equipment and electro-pneumatic controls as necessary on automated equipment.
• Install all new equipment including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, electronic, and computer systems.
• Reduce machine downtime; improve throughput and overall performance of machines.
• Maintain/build preventative maintenance schedules by thoroughly documenting all issues, repairs, parts used, recommendations, etc.
• Seeking Electronic/Electrical Technicians.
• Strong working knowledge of electrical or electronic theory as it pertains to an industrial maintenance environment.
• Relevant translatable experience on military equipment or prior industrial maintenance experience.
• Ability to read technical drawings, circuit and wiring diagrams, and schematics.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Must have a growth mindset and be driven to learn and develop maintenance skills.