Date Posted: 9/22/2022 2:31:27 PM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Fast Track Associate Sales Representative positions with a medical device company focused exclusively on the design, development and commercialization of products that promote healing in patients with spine disorders.
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation: $60K-$70K base for the first year. OTE after 2+ years is $100K+ (promoted to full Sales Rep with a 4% commission plan)
Shift: Monday – Friday, 9am- 5pm
Travel: Daily travel is required in the Houston area. Overnights may be required depending on the operating schedule.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance – company offers a selection of comprehensive health insurance plans for employees and eligible dependents. Effective day 1.
• FSA Accounts – Pre-Tax savings and spending accounts to pay for dependent care expenses.
• 401k plan with company match.
• PTO: Holiday, vacation, sick, and personal and inclement weather are offered as paid days off.
• Employee stock options – Share in the financial success of the company through the Stock Option Program.
• Education Assistance – They offer tuition reimbursement to all eligible employees.
As a Fast Track Associate Sales Representative, you will deliver value to healthcare professionals by understanding their clinical and business needs and creating unique solutions in order to grow market share and revenue in your assigned territory. This is a developmental role based on performance where you will have the opportunity to move into a full sales position in approximately 12 -18 months depending on your performance and availability of positions. This position assists the Territory Manager in logistics and sales of spinal devices. You will be expected to be in operating rooms to assist Territory Managers and surgeons to successfully complete operations. In this role, you will acquire an in-depth understanding of company products, complex spine procedures, and how the company delivers superior technology to meet customer needs. Responsibilities will include:
• Complete an extensive training program to learn the anatomy of the spine, procedural treatments, spinal repair products, and effective surgical sales techniques.
• Partner with Orthopedic and Neurological Spine Surgeons in and out of surgery, building relationships with them, learning their needs, and demonstrating the value of company products.
• Become a technical product expert and advise these highly skilled surgeons during surgery on proper product selection and implantation methods based on individual patient requirements. Work to bring value to healthcare professionals such as Operating Room Directors, Orthopedic and/or Spine Coordinators, Central Supply Coordinators, Materials Managers, and others who will have an impact on your business.
• Conduct sales calls to promote, sell, and service company products and services to existing and competitive customers based on a strategic plan.
• Assist the Spine Territory Manager on field calls for assigned geography and address and problems that arise on the account.
• Perform field ride along with the Area Director and Spine Territory Manager on a regular basis.
• Develop and increase customer base and continually enhance company’s product market share within assigned territory.
• Provide feedback on topics such as product development opportunities, new target accounts, sales performance, and market feedback.
• Maintain conduct that is aligned with company quality policy and procedures and protect confidentiality with proprietary information.
• Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
• Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of the company.
• The ideal fit for this role is a successful prior NCO to junior military officer who is intuitive, driven, willing to learn, and relentless in their pursuit of success.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business (preferred).
• Exemplary ability to communicate, listen, and influence.
• Ability to travel as necessary, which may include nights and/or weekends.
• Strong understanding of spinal anatomy.
• Ability to make sales presentations with positive results.
• Strong computer skills – MS Office.
• Manual dexterity is essential.