Date Posted: 6/9/2021 5:41:13 PM
Location: Stafford, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $27 - $30
Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Stafford, TX
Pay: $27-30 per hour
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting maintenance for all equipment and facilities that will minimize disruptions in the warehouse operations and ensure maximum useful life of all production equipment.
• Control the efficient operation of all production equipment by performing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic repair and preventive maintenance
• Assure preventative maintenance program is conducted and report improvements or upgrades to our preventative maintenance schedule
• Provide emergency/ unscheduled repairs in a timely manner to minimize downtime
• Inform the appropriate facility personnel/ supervisor of any necessary modifications or system malfunctions that would affect the area of operation
• Observe all OSHA and facility safety rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment; report all injuries, accidents and hazards immediately
• Follow all established Food Safety guidelines and GMP’s, including maintaining an orderly and clean work environment
• Promote equipment safety and develop programs to respond to unexpected or emergency situations
• Read equipment manuals and other sources of information to assure appropriate operation and repair of equipment
• Audit and monitor systems, equipment logs, program logs and team effectiveness
• Monitor, complete, and maintain efficient and accurate paperwork as needed
• Support the Maintenance Manager with all the Maintenance department activities
• Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
• Read technical diagrams and blueprints
• Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices.
• High School Diploma or GED required; Maintenance license and certificates a plus
• 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment; Food Manufacturing experience a plus
• Must have strong electrical troubleshooting experience
• Possess basic plumbing, metalworking, and general facilities/ building maintenance welding, machining, electrical 115V & 220V single phase, and 208V 230V and 480 3phase, basic pump repairs, compressors, hydraulics, pneumatics, drafting and blueprint reading knowledge, HVAC, PLC, Lift Trucks, and combustible engines are a plus
• General mechanical skills and knowledge related to troubleshooting and service of various equipment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
• Availability to work any shift with weekend on-call rotation.
• Must be able to lift/push 100lbs
• Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work with minimal supervision