Date Posted: 11/17/2022 1:15:49 PM
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $160,000 - $215,000
Position Details: Director of Procurement
The company has an immediate opening for a Director of Procurement. This position is responsible for overseeing the procurement of all ?supplies, services and capital goods for the Firm, including seeking and ?partnering with reliable vendors and suppliers. This position manages the ?review and negotiation of all Firm contracts in compliance with Firm ?standards.? This position will manage all Procurement Team Members.
• Location: Dallas, TX
• Shift or Travel: Fully in office. Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm. Little travel.
• Compensation: $160k-$215k
• Responsible for negotiating all new and existing company contracts and agreements with outside vendors. Collaborates and partners with department managers, directors, and chiefs to ensure contracts and agreements are timely, competitive, and to industry standards
• Recommends cost-savings opportunities and cultivates relationships with vendors, as well as internal stakeholders
• Liaises with the Firm’s Intake-Conflicts Department on vendor acceptance procedures and policies
• Performs legal contract review involving appropriate company attorneys as needed, which may include drafting, negotiating and reviewing vendor contracts
• Oversees work completed by the Procurement team members
• Manages, leads, and mentors Procurement team members including work assignments, performance and time off requests
• Completes annual reviews for direct reports and provide performance coaching as needed
• Ensures all invoices are processed accurately and on time. Manages and resolves invoice or payment discrepancies
• Facilitates review and prepares summaries for contracts and agreements on behalf of the Firm
• Develops and implements purchasing and contract instructions, policies, and procedures. Ensures all team members follow policies and procedures
• Manages, as assigned, the issuance of all Firm Requests for Proposal and Requests for Information and coordinates responses
• Manages the Firm’s purchasing procedures and policies including ongoing implementation of best practices.
• Facilitates review of Statements of Work for all services and goods
• Oversees tracking and reporting of key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
• Manages the Firm’s Expense Budget and Capital Budget
• Oversees contract database for accuracy and timely renewal notifications. Oversees Procurement management software and/or automated procurement systems
• Manages or assists with all other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned
• Juris Doctor required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
• ?8+ years’ procurement management experience
• History of negotiating and drafting significant contracts greater than $250,000
• Prior work experience as a Procurement Director with sourcing and vendor management skills, as well as staff management skills
• Displays meticulous attention to detail and follow through
• Ability to gather and analyze data and work with figures; Perform tasks with high degree of accuracy
• Must possess excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
• Solid judgement along with excellent decision making and negotiation skills
• Ability to work with very little direct instruction on every day job tasks
• Displays a high degree of maturity and professionalism at all times
• Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, approaching every interaction with professionalism and reason
• Ability to work on confidential or sensitive matters with discretion and tact
• Ability to instill confidence in partners and Firm leadership
• A proven ability to ensure cost savings, either via negotiations or process optimization
Company Description: Company is a premier full-service Am Law 100 law firm that has earned a solid reputation for complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work on behalf of clients in important and growing industry sectors around the world.
Throughout our more than 130-year history, we’ve cultivated partnerships with a broad range of public and private companies, from Fortune 500 leaders to startups and emerging businesses. Our team can design strategic solutions that meet your long-term goals no matter how large or small your matter, applying our established tradition of responsive, personalized service.
At the company, our diverse and inclusive culture of collegiality and collaboration — core values of the Firm — across all of our offices and practices is ultimately reflected in our client experience by culminating in a deep understanding of our clients' businesses.
Corporate responsibility is also an important part of the company's mission as we reach out to the communities we serve in meaningful partnerships and pro bono work.