Date Posted: 6/30/2020 10:22:58 AM
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $75,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Customer Support Engineer positions with an international family-owned company providing analytical equipment that helps to improve production processes and product quality in food, agricultural and other industries. In North America, our client has regionally based sales, applications, and customer support personnel throughout the United States and Canada. Its talented team is ready to help improve the efficiency, control, and profitability of its customer’s operation by providing on-line, at-line, and bench analytical instrumentation and solutions for quality control, production, and process control to the Food and Agricultural industries.
As a Customer Support Engineer (CSE), you will directly support the Meatmaster product line (in-line process X-Ray device). This role is critical to providing unparalleled service and driving the loyalty of customers to the company brand promise. You will thrive acting independently and traveling extensively across the assigned territory. You will perform product and applications support activities for the purpose of maintaining equipment and ensuring customer satisfaction. You will apply knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment to operation. Approximately 70% of your work will be planned and predictive maintenance (replacing rollers / belts, basic electronics, etc.), and the rest will be equipment installations and /or emergency repairs. Beyond trouble-shooting abilities, you will be a true partner to customers and ambassador of the company brand promise. This role is designed for a self-motivated team player driven by a desire to be a world class service engineer who shares the company’s vision to provide its customers with consistently valuable experiences by applying and leveraging your vast technical knowledge and going the extra mile for customers. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Install, maintain, and repair analytical instruments at customer sites and other locations.
• Train users in software applications and correct equipment operation and maintenance
• Provide phone support to customers and recommend action to be taken – order parts, service visit, etc.
• Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by monitoring assigned support activities and maintaining an appropriate level of communication with supervisor and support coordinator
• Maintain accurate accounts of services performed and submit activity and expense reports using designated resources according to company and department policy and procedures
• Update scheduling application and keep supervisor informed of activities
• Ensure timely consumption, disposition or return of service parts and manage other assets according to company and department policy and procedures
• Keep abreast of product and policy information through frequent review of company intranet and website portal.
• Attend service meetings and training sessions
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Home-based anywhere in the greater Philadelphia metro region / area)
Compensation: Target base salary ~$70K - $75K + a variable compensation package. You will also receive a company car with unlimited personal mileage.
Travel: There is a decent amount of travel associated with this job, as you will regularly be visiting and working at Customer sites in the mid-Atlantic region (primarily within several hours of Philadelphia), but you will be responsible for building your own travel / service schedule. The typical work week is Thursday through Monday (with Tuesdays & Wednesdays as off days), and you can expect to be gone overnight for a portion of your “work week” nights (the exception being when you are servicing customers near your home).
Benefits: Our client offers excellent Medical / Dental Insurance; STD/LTD/ADD; 401k; profit sharing; two weeks paid vacation per year; reimbursed expenses for business travel; laptop computer, cell phone, and tools; 401K and retirement plan; and a company car.
• Best candidates for this position will be former military technicians with outstanding troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair skills with electronic, electrical, and / or mechanical systems.
• Demonstrate very professional, polished customer service skills (technical problem solver, empathetic listening skills, outgoing personality, etc.), always have a positive outlook, and demonstrate a keen ability for learning new technologies.
• Ability to use all types of hand tools and digital test equipment.
• Knowledge of mechanics, electronics, distribution systems, and conveyor system.
• Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and the ability to read blueprints and schematics.
• Self-motivated for high performance.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer focused and detail oriented.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and meeting tight time constraints.
• Experience working on X-ray machines or automation controls is highly desirable.
• Essential knowledge, skills, and abilities include problem solving, interpersonal skills, verbal & written communication, planning & organizing, quality, adaptability, and dependability.
• Comfortable working in industrial or food processing environments.